Advanced vs Professional

Not at all. Why not try READING the threads here that discuss it 'au nuaseum'

Although I would prefer not to spend more, I am thankful that the decision between 1080 and 4K is a no-brainer for me because I'm a "normal" camera operator and know I'd be crazy to buy a 2K camera in 2015. Here's my question though, the field of view is truly 94 degrees in 4K or is that just 1080?

Reactions: Bigdz
Although I would prefer not to spend more, I am thankful that the decision between 1080 and 4K is a no-brainer for me because I'm a "normal" camera operator and know I'd be crazy to buy a 2K camera in 2015. Here's my question though, the field of view is truly 94 degrees in 4K or is that just 1080?
94 for both

Wow I have just read this entire thread.. and I can't believe that you guys who have ordered whatever model Pro or Advance .. haven't done your home work

There are plenty of unboxing vids on youtube and DJI have put up loads of promo vids out there
your Vendor has all the specs listed on their site.. Dji also has all the specs on their site

And yet you still ask dumb questions... respect to all who actually know what they have pre ordered

I ordered the Advance version coz that fulfilled all my needs at this time

Last edited:
I would extend that to a lot of questions asked in general. When the information is available at your fingertips, why wait for someone to reply with information that is sometimes wrong.

I would extend that to a lot of questions asked in general. When the information is available at your fingertips, why wait for someone to reply with information that is sometimes wrong.
because it's easier and humans are inherently lazy creatures in general. fortunately, as with natural selection, the dummies will eventually crash their birds leaving only those of us who actually care enough to do the homework.

Reactions: N017RW
because it's easier and humans are inherently lazy creatures in general. fortunately, as with natural selection, the dummies will eventually crash their birds leaving only those of us who actually care enough to do the homework.

But as you know; in the long run the dummies survive not the smart ones. Rule of nature.
Ton

This is a crazy thread. Folks who went with the P3P/No regrets, folks who went with the P3A, are trying to convince themselves they made the right choice. You're in it at $1000 already, drop another $250 so you don't have to look back and torture yourself. Justify the upside;
4K video (upgrade your hardware when you want too).
Faster charger.
Possible backpack(remains to be seen).
And think of resale! 1 year from now when 4K is the norm, who are you going to sell a 1080p camera too!?

Reactions: Gunflight
This is a crazy thread. Folks who went with the P3P/No regrets, folks who went with the P3A, are trying to convince themselves they made the right choice. You're in it at $1000 already, drop another $250 so you don't have to look back and torture yourself. Justify the upside;
Faster charger.
And think of resale! 1 year from now when 4K is the norm, who are you going to sell a 1080p camera too!?
There is no backpack w/ either model. It will be sold separately. Confirmed 400x on the rcgroups forum.
Faster charger will be available separately once spare batteries begin being sold.
Resale? I've got a drawer full of cell phones.
1080p still looks **** good on a 4K screen.

Reactions: leekiya
Will the camera be good enough for night photography?

Faster charger.

Lol...obviously which ever decision you make you have to justify it to yourself. Having no regrets on buying a P3P?....... Guess what I have no regrets on buying am P3A.

As for resale.... Who do you think is going to pay a premium for 4k 30fps when everyone realises that 1080p 60fPs looks just as good from 10-15ft away on a screen up to 100" go over 100" or sit 5ft from you TV and it might just be worth it..... Don't believe the hype...

Reactions: Ian H
Lol...obviously which ever decision you make you have to justify it to yourself. Having no regrets on buying a P3P?....... Guess what I have no regrets on buying am P3A.

As for resale.... Who do you think is going to pay a premium for 4k 30fps when everyone realises that 1080p 60fPs looks just as good from 10-15ft away on a screen up to 100" go over 100" or sit 5ft from you TV and it might just be worth it..... Don't believe the hype...
I'm not sure who's justifying what to who here, please proceed so I can pass judgement :p

$250 can be used better than on a feature that's no practical use to the majority of users.
How about a couple of batteries for a start?
Why spend $1000 on technology that's been around since 2013! It's dated! Let's revisit this conversation in June when 4k videos are posted every where, then we'll see how you feel.

Why spend $1000 on technology that's been around since 2013! It's dated! Let's revisit this conversation in June when 4k videos are posted every where, then we'll see how you feel.

I will feel relieved that I didn't spend that extra cash as they will look exactly the same as that "dated technology"..... Well almost, maybe a little more jerky as they will only be 30fps..... ;)

Reactions: DaveT

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic