Advanced vs Professional

Check with the folks at intelligentUAS, they were at Vegas and I'm pretty sure they know what they are talking about. I would assume that the CAMERA is part of the indoor flight system.
Instead of assuming they are right, why not check the specs on the DJI website. They are pretty clear that there is no difference in the vision positioning system for either version.
Your source is confused or doesn't know.
This forum is full of misinformation being spread by people that don't check for themselves.

Guys no one records in 4k to display in 4k, or I should say that most don't. They're using 4k for post, but as someone pointed out frame interpolation would also be a consideration if you're planning any slow motion. I like to be flexible and record in 2.7k 50fps.

I seem to be the only person on here that has opted for the professional. It was a very close call but I wanted the 4k version as I will be upgrading my TV to 4k soon and would love to watch back in 4k. I also live in the north of Scotland and already have a good idea of the locations I am going capture on video. I ordered my P3P the night of the launch so hoping I caught the first wave to be shipped out!!
Im with you would rather have the option for 4k than not have it at all I can always shoot 1080p if not needed but if you only have 1080p you cant shoot 4k

Instead of assuming they are right, why not check the specs on the DJI website. They are pretty clear that there is no difference in the vision positioning system for either version.
Your source is confused or doesn't know.
This forum is full of misinformation being spread by people that don't check for themselves.

Aren't you making an assumption? intelligentUAS is probably the most knowledgeable people in the business. They were at Vegas and got first hand information. I think taking their word makes a lot more sense then buying an advanced only to find out intelligentUAS knew what they are talking about. No offense, but I think they are more qualified to answer the question than you might be. Might save someone from buying something they thought was going to work indoors but didn't. But hey, I really don't care. After all the A models are out there being tested I will make my choice at a later time because I want to see what GoPro and several others have to offer. I have a P2V and a P2V+ v3 to keep me occupied until more info is available. I'm not in any race to be the first.

I trust, for some reason, what is stated on the DJI specifications page, that the only difference between the two models is camera and battery! Since I bought the P3P model it won't make a difference to me, except if any of my flying brothers and sisters make a bad decision based on bad information...

Aren't you making an assumption? intelligentUAS is probably the most knowledgeable people in the business. They were at Vegas and got first hand information. I think taking their word makes a lot more sense then buying an advanced only to find out intelligentUAS knew what they are talking about. No offense, but I think they are more qualified to answer the question than you might be. Might save someone from buying something they thought was going to work indoors but didn't. But hey, I really don't care. After all the A models are out there being tested I will make my choice at a later time because I want to see what GoPro and several others have to offer. I have a P2V and a P2V+ v3 to keep me occupied until more info is available. I'm not in any race to be the first.
I guess you are right.
Your source is right and DJI specs, DJI testers, reviewers etc etc are all wrong.
In fact your guy is the only one that knows anything about the P3 at all and everyone else is wrong

Sheesh .. your guy is saying something that goes against every other authority out there.
You can even see the photos yourself if you look at the advanced.
The Advanced has exactly the same vision positioning system that the Pro has.
Your very knowledgeable guy got it wrong on this occasion if he said what you think he said..
And you got it wrong when you said "I would assume that the CAMERA is part of the indoor flight system". The camera has nothing to do with the vision positioning system.

I guess you are right.
Your source is right and DJI specs, DJI testers, reviewers etc etc are all wrong.
In fact your guy is the only one that knows anything about the P3 at all and everyone else is wrong

Sheesh .. your guy is saying something that goes against every other authority out there.
You can even see the photos yourself if you look at the advanced.
The Advanced has exactly the same vision positioning system that the Pro has.
Your very knowledgeable guy got it wrong on this occasion if he said what you think he said..
And you got it wrong when you said "I would assume that the CAMERA is part of the indoor flight system". The camera has nothing to do with the vision positioning system.

I took the time to call two dealers. Both said the same thing. But like I said, I don't really care. Sorry I even brought it up. Next time I need a question answered, I'll just PM you if you don't mind.

Every other person who has commented has had a different answer from your expert.
That doesn't shake your rock solid belief that he's right and everything else is wrong?
But you are still so sure he's right that you won't check for yourself?
You could check the specs on the web page or look at photos of the advanced and compare.

The guy flying the units at the London event said the only difference in the two is the actual camera. So much so that you can take the 4k camera off and put it in place of the standard one, and that standard unit becomes the same as the 4K.

I guess he meant the entire gimbal unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not seen this mentioned yet. Does anyone know if the P3P will be able to shoot stills at regular intervals while also shooting video the way a gopro can?

Every other person who has commented has had a different answer from your expert.
That doesn't shake your rock solid belief that he's right and everything else is wrong?
But you are still so sure he's right that you won't check for yourself?
You could check the specs on the web page or look at photos of the advanced and compare.

I said I REALLY don't care and that I'm sorry I even mentioned it. What else do I have to say to not invite anymore of your snide remarks? I read the specs, I had a question so I called a couple DJI dealers that have highly rated tech support.

Now you can have the last word. I am finished with this discussion.

Cheers!

I've not seen this mentioned yet. Does anyone know if the P3P will be able to shoot stills at regular intervals while also shooting video the way a gopro can?
nope. just said by DJI. only photo making, or only video making. not simoutaniously.

Could the case in question be the one in this video???

I noticed as well that the case is not inclusive of the parts list on the DJI website for the P3P. Here's hoping it is included as it does look really good.

Last edited:
I have been debating this topic myself today. I preordered the Advanced from Amazon, then I started second guessing the decision.

So I ran a little 4k test this afternoon with my Phantom 1.1.1. I have the Sony X1000V Action Cam (I believe it's using the same sensor as the Phantom 3 Pro). Well, the upshot is that 4k resolution is undeniably very nice.

But there are drawbacks.... All of my other cams are 1080p. Most of my material will eventually be delivered in 1080p anyway, so I would usually be downscaling 4k to 1080p. The downscaled output is, well, nothing special. Plus, I like recording 1080p 60p because it's easy to get smooth 24p slow motion from the files. As nice as 4k looks, it doesn't seem to be necessary or even practical for me.

After running my test, I decided to stick with the Advanced for now. In another year or so, we'll be looking at the Phantom 4 and can make this decision all over again. :)

Some one mentioned when taking video with 4k it's nice to freeze the video and get some good cropping from it for stills vs the 1080p mode. Makes sense as you will have a larger still to pick out something you could not do with the advanced. Correct me if I'm incorrect ...

Tim

IT IS NOT, NOT, NOT INCLUDED..GET OVER IT
Wow, this case issue has really got you riled up? My post was merely to show the case in question, not say 'this is the case we will be getting with our P3P'.

If I get one with my P3P I will be sure to let you know though [emoji23]

Yea i wanted to know if you can shoot still while recording a video. I cant do that at the moment and it drives me mad.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4