Advanced or New 4k,Confused.

Reaction score
Going to soon purchase my first DJI,
Is the p3p a waste of money will i get the same results with advanced,dont have a 4k tv or 4k laptop.
is lightbridge important to have or would new 4k be worth a go,all for a hobbyist.
thanks for the help in advance.

Get advanced it will give you more distance u will regret getting the standard after awhile when your wanting more distance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Paul K78
Paul K78, it really depends on what you're going to do with your Phantom. Check out this comparison to see all of the important differences between all Phantom 3 models.

The P34K is essentially a P3 Standard with a 4K camera, an updated controller that (externally) looks almost identical to the one included with the Pro/Advanced, and the Vision Positioning System. Like the Standard it uses a dual-band radio with 5.8 Ghz for control & 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi for telemetry & video feed. The video feed has been reduced to 480 resolution, which likely accounts for its 1200M range vs 1000M range of the Standard which offers a 720 video feed.

The P3 Advanced aircraft is identical to the P3 Pro with the exception of the 2.7K camera vs. 4K on the Pro. Other differences between the Advanced & Pro include a 57 watt charger vs. 100 watt on the Pro, and the video downlink is 2 Mbps (same for all P3s EXCEPT the Pro) while the Pro can go as high as 10 Mbps. The Pro & Advanced range is 5KM (3.1 miles) with a 720 video link. If you want to fly far, the Pro/Advanced out-of-the-box offer 5x the range of the Standard or P34K.

As to the necessity of 4K when taking stills, ALL P3s are 12MP so the photographic quality is essentially identical for all four models. For videos the 4K is an improvement over the 2.7K video of the Advanced/Standard, however, your computer & video equipment may render the benefit of the increased resolution unusable. You need a relatively new computer with a good graphics card & plenty of memory to work with 4K video files as they are large & playback is choppy on older computers. You also need a 4K television or monitor to fully realize the increased resolution.

At $799 for either the P34K or P3 Advanced, my personal recommendation would be go for the Advanced because of the increased range offered by Lightbridge. If you ultimately have a need for 4K video you can upgrade the camera to the one from the P3 Pro and your Advanced then becomes a full-fledged P3 Professional.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic