Advance v Pro - Camera Options

To be "future proof"? By the time 4K is more commonplace there will easily be another generation of Phantom that will make the Professional obsolete. So paying an extra
$350 for 4K makes little sense. And in terms of a monitor- one wouldn't be able to discern much of a difference between 2.7k and 4K unless the monitor is about 32" based on the laws of optics. So it makes very little sense.
For me, its what I want now, I don't want to wait for the next revision of phantom
As for the 32" monitor, I currently run triple 27" monitors so a 32" is definitely not out of the question.

Sorry to hear that your roommate blew over 1 grand on something with shorter range, more restricted altitude and a worse display than a phantom. Looks like you guys got the "worst" of both worlds. You guys could have saved money on purchasing advanced phantoms and then maybe you wouldn't need roommates and could have your own place?

As for this, you have a bad attitude...

Sorry to hear that your roommate blew over 1 grand on something with shorter range, more restricted altitude and a worse display than a phantom. Looks like you guys got the "worst" of both worlds. You guys could have saved money on purchasing advanced phantoms and then maybe you wouldn't need roommates and could have your own place?

Well he wanted the Q500 and I wanted the DJIPro so I guess we both got what we wanted . But thanks for your input, it's been invaluable ;)

Reactions: Dirty Bird
It shows the adjustment slider yes, but the Advanced still maxes at the DJI listed spec of 2Mbps. The adjustment does not increase the Advanced higher than its maximum possible. The adjustment does however lower the Pro if so desired. Test it yourself if you doubt it, or find the threads where others have already done the testing.

This is my understanding too, I believe the advanced lacks one or other dedicated chipsets that allow the pro to broadcast at the higher rate...

Reactions: Oso
Btw- if you use a high video downlink on the professional- you can't take advantage of it because the range is severely limited.

Well he wanted the Q500 and I wanted the DJIPro so I guess we both got what we wanted . But thanks for your input, it's been invaluable ;)

False. Mine allows 10. (Maybe with latest update)? But anything high has severely limited range anyway. Pro being 300 or so dollars more is a waste.

This is my understanding too, I believe the advanced lacks one or other dedicated chipsets that allow the pro to broadcast at the higher rate...

False. Mine allows 10. (Maybe with latest update)? But anything high has severely limited range anyway. Pro being 300 or so dollars more is a waste.
Granted all prior downlink bit rate tests that have been posted here and on the RC forum were with 1.5 and earlier. All of course verified DJI's listed specs of 2Mbps max video downlink with a P3A.

Please post test results showing that your P3A is somehow exceeding the max listed spec of 2Mbps. I would absolutely love it if this new battery management firmware (1.6) has also increased the downlink bit rate for the P3A. I'm sure many would love to see it as well. I'd also bet that the entire FPV goggles community would be thrilled if it were true.

LEL. I dunno what you're agenda is but you seem real keen on convincing us this. Sounds like you regret not going with a pro and are trying to justify it to yourself. Maybe if you had a room mate you wouldn't sweat the extra 300 bucks.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I'll test it. But it is still a fact that a high downlink like that would be so severely limited in range that it is pointless unless you are flying incredibly close by.

Granted all prior downlink bit rate tests that have been posted here and on the RC forum were with 1.5 and earlier. All of course verified DJI's listed specs of 2Mbps max video downlink with a P3A.

Please post test results showing that your P3A is somehow exceeding the max listed spec of 2Mbps. I would absolutely love it if this new battery management firmware (1.6) has also increased the downlink bit rate for the P3A. I'm sure many would love to see it as well. I'd also bet that the entire FPV goggles community would be thrilled if it were true.

What about it? You're still paying more than 300 dollars for a "feature" that you would only notice if you flew VERY short distances away, otherwise it use the lower bitrate anyway. You could buy extra batteries with that money or out it into accessories which you would actually use.

See the postings above. You could only display the 4K video on 4K television sets which aren't standard yet. And with any 4K computer monitor under 32", you would be able to discern the difference between 4K and 2.7k. Basic optics.
By the time 4K would be worth it the phantom 4 will be out.

Every person that I know who purchased a pro said they wish they just got the advanced and kept the extra money or used it on another battery, etc.

Well now you know someone that DOESN'T wish they got an advanced!

& I still got an extra battery

See my above as well. :)
I'm done going back and forth with you, you're obviously a miserable person trying to make everyone feel the same as you if you're trying so hard to pointlessly convince people that have already made their decisions.

I'm actually quite a happy person who responded to someone asking about the perceived differences in the 2 models. And that person (see above) specifically decided to buy the Advanced because of the truth.
Cheers!

I'll test it. But it is still a fact that a high downlink like that would be so severely limited in range that it is pointless unless you are flying incredibly close by.
I have actually owned both a pro and advanced and when I started using the advanced the first thing I noticed was the inferior quality of the link, it's simply not as clear. The Pro has a maximum 10mbs bit rate and the Adv a maximum of 2mbs it's fair to say the pro won't always be able to use all 10mbs but then the adv won't be able to use all 2mbs either.

The point is the quality simply is better- 5x better and it is noticeable to an average user.

I have another pro waiting for me when I get home for this very reason.

Congrats on blowing 300!

The more I read the more I see your attitude stinks...

I can only guess that you only got an advanced as you couldn't afford a pro (but actually really wanted one!)

I don't consider paying the extra as "blowing" anything, (which wasn't £300 & also nothing to do with you!).

I also purchased two Pro's.. just so I had a spare & I will be doing the same with the inspire range too!

You know why?.. because I can! Hahaha I've achieved something with my life & can afford it - just take your sorry, poor, little troll self off now.

I'm actually quite a happy person who responded to someone asking about the perceived differences in the 2 models. And that person (see above) specifically decided to buy the Advanced because of the truth.
Cheers!

There are differences between the advanced & pro.. they're not just "perceived".

As you are an owner of the advanced (maybe?!) I can appreciate you don't have much experience or capability to compare between the advanced & pro

Just because the pro was out of your price range doesn't make it a bad choice for everyone else out there that can afford it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers