Advance falling out of sky

Reaction score
My phantom advance flew for 1 minute up to about 30 metres and dropped out of sky lights just went out and dropped out of sky been flown about 10 times I have read a few cases is there a problem a friend took is back to mall ins and was issued with another new advance I hope my purchasers Heliguys of Newcastle will do the same any other pilots had this issue

Mark

My phantom advance flew for 1 minute up to about 30 metres and dropped out of sky lights just went out and dropped out of sky been flown about 10 times I have read a few cases is there a problem a friend took is back to mall ins and was issued with another new advance I hope my purchasers Heliguys of Newcastle will do the same any other pilots had this issue

Mark
Did you charge your battery to 100%.
Please tell me you didn't flew your bird in this heavy wind.

Last edited:
I thought it was more urban legend that the battery needed to be always 100% when taking up the bird. Is it true?

I thought it was more urban legend that the battery needed to be always 100% when taking up the bird. Is it true?

not even an urban legend.... you can fly with any battery level except one that would trigger fail-safe.... but... normally I try to start with 100%

Mark

sounds like your battery may not have been completely seated?

i posted this a cross on RCG and i know some don't agree but recently its seems to have been happening more and more

DJI Phantom 3 BATTERY WARNING.

I keep an eye across multiple forums as do many others, recently I have noticed that multiple craft have been lost when it's been flown from a partly charged battery.

The behaviour often tends to be that either the craft with suddenly give battery warnings even though the level still shows fine or the level will suddenly drop massively, the result of this is the craft enters auto landing and this can't be stopped, people have been able to control decent speed and position as you can normally in critical landing but if the craft is our at distance or over water then it's end game.

In some of the worst cases a complete loss of power has happnend and the craft drops like a stone.

The linking factors to most of these has been taking off from below 100% charge, often below 80%.

Simple rule is

DO NOT fly a partly charged pack.

ONLY fly a fresh fully charged battery.

If it was charged over 24 hours before flight I would partly discharge then fully charge again before pushing any distance.

Regularly calibrate you battery, (every 20 cycles)

DJI state to only fly a fully charged battery.

To be clear i am not saying this is a bug or fault but it's a characteristic of the battery's behaviour on both the the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1

Fly safe folks and keep those birds coming home

No, its not a myth. This is 100% true. I had 209 flights on my P3P with zero issues until I took off with a 54% (maybe 45%, can't remember and doesn't matter much) then she lost power at 200ft and hit the ground at terminal velocity.

DJI did replace the drone and battery. I waited 10 business days for the repair. 5 business days to ship and 5 to replace/repair. I was extremely happy with DJI's service.

I have received my advance from Heliguys who sent it to Germany it was returned on Wednesday complete new drone they replaced GIMBLE parts had to pair controller to advance struggling to update software down loaded latest and inserted card in to slot switched on not going into update mode green light comes on then couple of beeps then just flashing Amber could be fault due to impact from original problem

sounds like your battery may not have been completely seated?
I had a battery warning on my screen while flying. Brought it back and landed right away.

Fount that the battery had come out of the hull slightly during flight.

I now make sure that battery is completely clicked in place before flying.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31