Ads that are on PhantomPilots.com

Reaction score
I expect ads here to pay for the membership free forum. I'm OK with that, however it would be nice if they were relevant to drones. When I saw this ad below I'm thinking, why is this sexy girl in PhantomPilots? Do they know this is a "mostly Guys" forum, and we obviously have thousands to spend on "hobbies" to produce endorphins in our brains, so why not?

I know this isn't a remarking ad because I don't visit dating sites.

Maybe it's just coincidental this forum is all about Chinese products, and this dating site is for Chinese girls. Hmm. Maybe they're thinking is...... we like Chinese drone HARDWARE so much, spending thousands of dollars per bird, that we would also like to spend thousands on Chinese SOFTWARE too.

She's pretty cute, eh?

upload_2017-3-24_17-2-18.png

I saw a DIY post where it was shown how easily one can build different types of drones. Attach those 4 props to this girl and let her fly away to a dating site. She is not wanted here.

That is a google adsense ad. Google sends you ads based on your surfing habits.
It's ok, we won't tell anyone. ;)

Glad this question was asked as the wife saw the same ad pop up and just stared at me. I've never had anything to do with this sort of caper although I recently completed a contract in the Philippines and have owned numerous Chinese built quads, planes, helicopters.......

Glad this question was asked as the wife saw the same ad pop up and just stared at me. I've never had anything to do with this sort of caper although I recently completed a contract in the Philippines and have owned numerous Chinese built quads, planes, helicopters.......
All it takes is a visit to anything remotely 'blue' and you may get them. The forum is not in control of those in any way, they anticipate what you want to see. She is cute. :D

Reactions: tevek
It's ok, we won't tell anyone. ;)
Actually adsense ads place ads based on what's in the website's content, so the ads are relevant. That's so the ads "makes sense", hence these are called "adsense" ads.

Remarketing ads are based on where the viewer surfs the web. They only show products and services where you've spent time reading.

Since I've never visited a dating site ever, and if I did it certainly wouldn't be Chinese dating site, these must be adsense ads. However the only relevance is China. The webmaster can fix this by forbidding this ad, Google allows that flexibility, hence my post. Hint.

The phantompilots webmaster has FULL CONTROL of allowing remarketing or adsense ads, or no ads at all. It's under their control 100%.

Last edited:
Actually adsense ads place ads based on what's in the website's content, so the ads are relevant. That's so the ads "makes sense", hence these are called "adsense" ads.

Remarketing ads are based on where the viewer surfs the web. They only show products and services where you've spent time reading.

Since I've never visited a dating site ever, and if I did it certainly wouldn't be Chinese dating site, these must be adsense ads. However the only relevance is China. The webmaster can fix this by forbidding this ad, Google allows that flexibility, hence my post. Hint.

The phantompilots webmaster has FULL CONTROL of allowing remarketing or adsense ads, or no ads at all. It's under their control 100%.
Then they are the remarketing ads, but that's OK, we don't judge. :D

Reactions: John Locke
Ask your webmaster, he'll tell you it's adsense, not remarketing. You make more money with adsense, statistically speaking. The fact others have seen that same ad proves it.
Agreed... I said they were Adsense but you said I was wrong and told me this...

"Actually adsense ads place ads based on what's in the website's content, so the ads are relevant. That's so the ads "makes sense", hence these are called "adsense" ads.
Remarketing ads are based on where the viewer surfs the web. They only show products and services where you've spent time reading."

So I said then they must be remarketing ads, then going by your description (that was incorrect, I was right the first time), to which you also said was wrong. :confused:

They are Adsense and they choose relevant content by your viewing habits. When I look back at the pic you posted you can see the little Adsense icon in the top right. Mystery solved. :)

Agreed... I said they were Adsense but you said I was wrong and told me this...

"Actually adsense ads place ads based on what's in the website's content, so the ads are relevant. That's so the ads "makes sense", hence these are called "adsense" ads.
Remarketing ads are based on where the viewer surfs the web. They only show products and services where you've spent time reading."

So I said then they must be remarketing ads, then going by your description (that was incorrect, I was right the first time), to which you also said was wrong. :confused:

They are Adsense and they choose relevant content by your viewing habits. When I look back at the pic you posted you can see the little Adsense icon in the top right. Mystery solved. :)
Sorry for the confusion, let me review:

You previously stated:

That's incorrect. Google ads based on your surfing habits is called "Remarketing", not Adsense. So your two sentences stated together are wrong.

"Adsense" ads will place relevant ads based on what's contained in the webpage, they are not ads based on surfing habits.

Then you said:
Then they are the remarketing ads, but that's OK, we don't judge. :D

This is wrong because these are clearly adsense ads, as you correctly pointed out.

What's interesting to me is why Google believes this ad is relevant. Apparently it's because the words "China" or "Chinese" is mentioned in this website quite often. Hence, Google assumes Chinese dating would be relevant, thinking the audience of PhantomPilots are primarily Chinese, or interested in all things that are Chinese, which is not the case. I'm hoping the PhantomPilots webmaster who placed this Adsense space in the PhantomPilots website will tag this advertiser NON RELEVANT with Google, and then it will go away, making room for more relevant ads to show. This would be in the best interest of PhantomPilots, because no money is made unless people click the ads. The non relevance of this ad is hurting your revenue.

I've also seen those Chinese girl ads. Not a big deal.

What REALLY concerns me is that I just had an ad for Chicken Coops pop up today!!

I wonder where that one came from!!!!

AD

I've also seen those Chinese girl ads. Not a big deal.

What REALLY concerns me is that I just had an ad for Chicken Coops pop up today!!

I wonder where that one came from!!!!

AD
Maybe a coincidence but I recently bought a couple of bird aviaries from a company called Cheap Sheds (Chinese) that also sell chicken coops and now get their ads. If it is the same company, you can thank me. I'll be looking at performance parts for my superbike later, so expect ads regarding tidy tails and exhaust headers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan