Adroid phone/app

Reaction score
Hi! Guys I have a problem with my P2V and my Android Phone. Before xmas due to a faulty p2v it was changed for a new one....I haven't been able to fly the new Phantom due to crap weather (who has) and other personal problems. OK! so I finally got round to it this week and...oops! the phone wont connect to the phantom just says connection not available. After many attempts at connecting them it still failed. I know its not the p2v because my daughter has the same phone..SamsungS4 we loaded the app onto her phone and it all worked no problem. I even tried it on my iPad 3 and that worked also. So obviously it must be my phone. Deleted and reloaded the app which made no difference. The phantom comes up on my phones wifi list has a look the rejects the connection as being not available. If you have any ideas or a solution I would be grateful. Regards Trevor

Obama phones wont work :lol:

Couldn't help myself, sorry.

Check settings in the wifi of your phone might be set for secured networks or something. You never said what kind of phone..

Sounds very similar to a problem I had getting my nexus 7 to work which was a security setting allowing other applications to access its network ? Also have mine on my Samsung galaxys3 which also works fine.

gbshovel said:
Obama phones wont work :lol:
Couldn't help myself, sorry.

Loved THAT!

I've got my P2V hooked to my Motorola RAZR Maxx and it seems to work fine.

Except - once in a while (never on the first flight) I get a really screwy view, all pixelated and almost indistinguishable. Can't tell which direction I'm headed or what I'm looking at. But, if I take pictures or videos, they come out fine. Obviously it's a phone issue and not the Phantom. If I shut it all down and restart, it seems to go away. :evil:

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT 19505 which worked fine on the previous P2V. This is the same type of phone my daughter has and the app works fine on that and also works ok on my iPad. The problem seems to be in the wifi connection between the phone and the phantom...there isn't one and there lies the problem, I have been through all I can think of but they wont bind, so I is stuffed until I sort this out. Much help and or suggestions will be more than welcome.
Regards
Trevor.
PS I am just waiting for her to arrive with phone to do some comparisons.

As pyrophantom attempted to point out it is most likely an adjustable setting with in your phones settings.

Does your P2V show up on the list of available wifi networks when you scan for it? Btw, you may have to manually scan rather then just viewing the list.

I agree with settings suggestion but its a case of finding it. Yes the P2V shows up on the wifi list but wont connect to it hence the comparison test when daughter gets here. I have been able to attach my iPad to the controller, works ok but the compass is a bit off by about 15 Degrees, could be the iPad influencing it. And its a bit heavy, pulls on the neck after a little while. Got two lanyards but cant find them....should improve things will post some pics when I can
T

After I recently updated my HTC One I had issues. It would connect briefly and then disconnect and say disabled on the Phantom connection. I finally figured out that they added a new "feature" that will block the connection if you connect and it doesn't detect the internet. I went into setting and selected the Phantom connection and it asked me if I wanted to unblock the blocked connection. I clicked "yes". Once I did that it worked fine from then on.

Problem solved but it cost me an Samsung galaxy tab 3...works a treat and is easier to see the screen. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

T

MrBojangles said:
Problem solved but it cost me an Samsung galaxy tab 3...works a treat and is easier to see the screen. Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

T

The Sam 3 Tab is very good !.....excellent choice, enjoy flying !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.