Adobe Premier Settings help.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Newbie here..

I have recorded 1920 x 1080p 60fps video from 4k phantom 3 pro camera.

I need some help with the basic settings of adobe premier which will not lose the quality of the video.

I'm starting a new sequence file in adobe, it asks for the settings, all the options in new squence setting is upto
30fps per second, none of the format is support 60fps video editing?

In simple words, How do I cut out clips from entire videos using adobe premier without losing the quality.
Also there is no 4K editing option in there?

How are you guys processing these?

TIA

Hi everyone,

Newbie here..

I need some help with the basic settings of adobe premier which will not lose the quality of the video.

I'm starting a new sequence file in adobe, it asks for the settings, all the options in new squence setting is upto

In simple words, How do I cut out clips from entire videos using adobe premier without losing the quality.

How are you guys processing these?once you insert the shot in the timeline, the system will accomodate to the sji format (only full HD, not 4k still)

TIA
If you have premiere CS6,

If you reocrded in 4k (in the RC you can set ti at 1920) then you have to go through an intermnediate program befroe you go to Premiere

premier pro?

adobe premier pro CS 6,

2 things I need to be done,

4K videos processing (cutting/editing/adding up clips)- I think CS 6 can't process this video quality?
2K videos 60fps (cutting/editing/adding up clips) - CS6 - upto 30fps? while selecting a new project/squence

TIA

I have CS6 and it processes 4K video.
When you get to the start screens just cancel the second one about sequences.
Import your video then look at the bottom of that pane or right click it - select new sequence from clip.
When you render you will need to create your own preset as the youtube ones won't have a clue about 1080p/60fps let alone 4K. The H.264 container will work best as a rule.
Reducing the bitrate to about half seems to greatly reduce final file size but if you have fast upload you might prefer not to do this.
It doesn't seem to much reduce the final quality playback from youtube either way as they will reduce it some more.

Hi everyone,

Newbie here..

TIA
What are you trying to accomplish? That is, what do you want to do with your video in the end? Put it on YouTube? Show it off on the big screen? Makes an enormous bit of difference. Are you going to do a lot of post processing? Color grading?

There are tons of videos on YouTube about this. One specific preset for the Phantom is here.

Also, OS X or Windows makes a bit of difference. It's hard to give specifics when there are so many variables. Personally, I transcode to Apple Intermediate Format 4-2-2 and save the clips as my reference files. Then I set my output settings to match what I expect in terms of where the video will be viewed.

Hi everyone,

Newbie here..

TIA

In CS6 go into new project settings and in the AVCHD folder at the very bottom there is 1080p 60fps setting you want. Now if you want to slow down you footage (slow motion) you can use 1080p 30fps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20