Adobe Premier CC Custom Preset in 3840x2160?

Reaction score
So in the preset list, there is no option for 3840x2160 (1.0), 29.97fps. I see there is an option to import custom presets, but where do I find the one I need for the DJI 4K video files?

Anyone help?

You have to input your own custom settings into the new sequence window, press ctrl N or command N on a Mac then click something like digital SLR, pick one and then click settings in the top menu. You can change the resolution manually there.
My advice is if you're new to this then just pick a 1980 x 1080 timeline with 29.976fps and scale your 4K video down.
It will look nicer, speed up your render times and not choke your PC up, unless you're running a beasty set up?

My laptop is a gaming beast. Not worried about that, I already selected those 1080p settings to export the video, I would like to do it again though with the highest resolution possible.

Thanks for the info!

I've got dual 10 core processors, a quadro 6000 card and 128 gigs of RAM and I still downsize to 1980 first... saves lots of time no matter what your specs are.

I've got dual 10 core processors, a quadro 6000 card and 128 gigs of RAM and I still downsize to 1980 first... saves lots of time no matter what your specs are.

Yeah, but why bother? My machine isn't nearly as well spec'd, and I can render a 4-5min 4K video in less than 20 minutes.

You can import your 4K segment into the project and then drag it to the timeline screen (or drag it to the new-segment icon at the bottom). Premiere will create a new segment with the correct size and attributes for editing. In the playback window, you can set the temporary playback quality at 1/2 or 1/4 if you're getting playback stuttering. But that won't affect anything else.

As far as exporting with Adobe Media Encoder, I'm not sure. The H.264 options include exporting at the same size and bit rate. So that should cover it. But for most online uses, like YouTube or Vimeo, you'd probably want to use their 720p or 1080p presets.

My main reason for using the P3P with 4K is to grab better-quality still shots (though I use its regular 12MB stills, mostly, for that). And more importantly, to be able to crop and pan videos with Premiere, and still have full HD quality.

Are you saying you want your sequence to match your footage resolution? If yes, just drag one of the clips that has the resolution you want (people tend to have footage from various sources) onto the new item button. This will automatically create a sequence with matching resolution.

Yeah, but why bother? My machine isn't nearly as well spec'd, and I can render a 4-5min 4K video in less than 20 minutes.

It's only soccer stuff... I'd rather wait 4 minutes instead of 20. It won't be seen on a 4k screen anywhere.. no reason to edit in 4k. the source is always there if needed in the future.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj