Adobe Camera Raw update 8.3 for the Vision

I interpreted the new Camera Raw RC to include the Phantom RAW files. With that in mind, I went out and shot RAW today. Sadly, they did not work in Bridge, Lightroom or Photoshop CC. The RAW shooting is slower than JPG but I sure would like the ability to shoot in DNG or RAW.

I sure would like the ability to shoot in DNG or RAW.

AlanL, if you have the latest FC200 firmware installed in the camera, photos will be saved as DNG when you set it to shoot in RAW. Then you can use the photos with any app that consumes Adobe DNG.

Do bear in mind though that the lens correction profile only works with JPEGs from the P2V, not with DNGs. Hopefully, that will get addressed soon.

[/quote]Do bear in mind though that the lens correction profile only works with JPEGs from the P2V, not with DNGs.[/quote]

The lens correction profile does work with DNGs on my setup with CS6. It goes through Camera Raw, but I can go straight from there into Photoshop and apply the correction.

AlanL said:
I interpreted the new Camera Raw RC to include the Phantom RAW files. With that in mind, I went out and shot RAW today. Sadly, they did not work in Bridge, Lightroom or Photoshop CC. The RAW shooting is slower than JPG but I sure would like the ability to shoot in DNG or RAW.
Nope. The Adobe Camera RAW releases just contain a LENS PROFILE for the Vision, to correct fisheye distortion. It does not provide support for reading Phantom RAW files.

Adobe does not support the original P2V RAW format files, and likely never will. Instead, they have (sensibly) persuaded DJI to abandon their own proprietary RAW format, and have the camera natively save DNG files instead. This was made available as a firmware update for the Vision FC200 camera back in January, which you can download from DJI web site. All Adobe apps already know how to read the DNG format - as do the majority of non-Adobe apps, also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers