Adjusting top speed

Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the top speed of the Phantom 3 down? Could be useful in making aerial videos where you don't have to go real fast. Trying to do shots where you move forward and up at the same time towards a subject while tilting the camera down so the subject stays stationary in the frame. I know how to adjust the gimball speed which is useful, but kind of hard to maintain a slow constant speed forward and up at the same time while tilting the camera down. Ideas?

Is there a way to adjust the top speed of the Phantom 3 down? Could be useful in making aerial videos where you don't have to go real fast. Trying to do shots where you move forward and up at the same time towards a subject while tilting the camera down so the subject stays stationary in the frame. I know how to adjust the gimball speed which is useful, but kind of hard to maintain a slow constant speed forward and up at the same time while tilting the camera down. Ideas?
I don't know of any speed adjustment-- but that would be nice-- like some trim sliders where you could dial it down.

Try the gain settings. Also braking and attitude. Turning them all down should make for a very chillaxed phantom.

+1
FC Gain(s) will not effect horizontal speed.

+1
FC Gain(s) will not effect horizontal speed.
If its motor speed then why not? I've been told higher gains will make the phantom handle higher winds which is horizontal speed. Surely lowering gains have the opposite effect?

Just go gentle on the right stick.
You can also adjust the sensitivity of the joysticks to give you more fine control.
Messing with the gains would not be recommended.

If its motor speed then why not? I've been told higher gains will make the phantom handle higher winds which is horizontal speed. Surely lowering gains have the opposite effect?

Simon,

Horizontal speed is a function of tilt angle which is currently not user adjustable.

Here's a link to DJI's explaination of what the FC Gains are for:

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Gains_Setting

Cheers!

I'll give this a try next time I'm out. Just folded an index card two times lengthwise and taped onto remote. Limits travel forward and upward, but also able to jam it forward or up if needed to get out of a bind.

Attachments

• 1437785953847.jpg
    1437785953847.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 568
Reactions: SENC and bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj