Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Adjusting rotation (yaw) speed and sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by pugnacious, May 2, 2014.

1. pugnacious

Hi
    Ive noticed, with my new gimbal on, that the most jolty movement now is rotation.
    From the start I have realised that the rotation lever is very sensitive. You move it a tiny tiny bit and the rotation starts. Moving it thereafter only increases the speed a small amount.
    This makes smooth rotation tricky.
    Is there a way to adjust the calibration so that the full range of the lever is is more useful and tiny rotation speeds are easily achievable?
    thanks

2. Gizmo3000

Unfortunately... no.

Phantom 2 and Phantom 1 owners can do so by upgrading to fancier transmitters that have the ability to lessen stick movement, but those only run at 2.4ghz. - which won't work with the Vision because the vision uses a 5.8ghz Tx/Rx.

Imagine it's somewhere on DJI's to-do list, until Futaba or others come out with 5.8ghz Tx/Rx. (which I imagine they might actually consider as well)

3. metel89

4. FlyingFox

5. jimre

This Yaw gain is under "Basic Gains", which are supposed to control the Phantom's reaction sensitivity to outside forces like wind. Lowering this gain should make self-corrections smoother and less sensitive. The "Attitude Gains" control the sensitivity of stick inputs, but it only has these for Pitch and Roll, not Yaw.