Adjusting Hover State/Motor Power ;excuse my incorrect terms

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a way to adjust my P2 hover state? My phantom does not hold a hover and I was wondering if maybe there was a way to add some amount of constant throttle power and set that as my neutral so the phantom stays hovering and not sink down slowly. Kinda like constant throttle up compensation to prevent the RC from sinking down. Or maybe increase the constant motor speed during a hover? Excuse my non RC terms.

Re: Adjusting Hover State/Motor Power ;excuse my incorrect t

The Phantom is designed to hover and if yours isn't, something is not right.
I'd be looking into an advanced IMU calibration to fix it.

I have a theory though I am not sure if its even valid. Where I live, I am 2400ft above sea level and my Phantom 2 height limit is at 350ft. Maybe the stupid thing thinks its too high up and goes down because it is way above the height limit. But when you think about it, doesn't the Phantom's Home Lock position determine your altitude for max height limit?

ThePhantom said:
I have a theory though I am not sure if its even valid. Where I live, I am 2400ft above sea level and my Phantom 2 height limit is at 350ft. Maybe the stupid thing thinks its too high up and goes down because it is way above the height limit. But when you think about it, doesn't the Phantom's Home Lock position determine your altitude for max height limit?
The altitude is measured by a barometric pressure sensor inside the main controller unit, so your max height is 350 ft above the home position. Can you hold altitude with a little additional throttle? If yes, then you might want to increase the "vertical gain" a bit . If it oscillates like a Yo-Yo, then the gain is too high.

Monte55 said:
How much weight are you carrying?

Standard H33D and GoPro

ThePhantom said:
I have a theory though I am not sure if its even valid. Where I live, I am 2400ft above sea level and my Phantom 2 height limit is at 350ft. Maybe the stupid thing thinks its too high up and goes down because it is way above the height limit.
Keep thinking. The "stupid thing" isn't that stupid.
It has no idea what sea level is and doesn't need to.
Have you looked into an advanced IMU calibration?

Meta4 said:
ThePhantom said:
I have a theory though I am not sure if its even valid. Where I live, I am 2400ft above sea level and my Phantom 2 height limit is at 350ft. Maybe the stupid thing thinks its too high up and goes down because it is way above the height limit.
Keep thinking. The "stupid thing" isn't that stupid.
It has no idea what sea level is and doesn't need to.
Have you looked into an advanced IMU calibration?

Yep already done every possible calibration and balancing. I didn't want to return it yet because I heard DJI Cs is really horrible so I figured that if I could fix it myself, I'd do it at the moment. DJI Cs would be last on my list. It sucks because everything in it works fine except for the hover issue. :|

I don't think there's anything wrong with your Phantom, possible a flawed firmware installation. I had very strange things going on when I first tried my first DJI quad. Reinstall the Phantom RC assistant and download and install the latest firmware again (from within the assistant software). And do all calibrations again.
Normally this cures things that are unexplainable.

I always advise people to do this before the first flight. The quality control and final testing at DJI is probably a joke. Even when you install firmware yourself sometimes things might not work correctly at once and you just have to do it again. I found that a PC is most reliable for installing new firmware. With Macs I had problems. Sometimes the installation hangs while updating the Phantom. No Mac(iMac or MBPro) touches my Phantoms ever again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj