adjusting gopro settings while running

Reaction score
i have version 2 of the phantom with the new H4-3d gimbal...

say in the middle of flying i need to switch from shooting video to taking pics or adjust video settings to diff resolution/framerate, is it bad on the gimbal motors to be pushing on the buttons of the gopro while its running? the buttons are hard to push as it is and curious as to if i even need to worry about this? TIA

I do this all the time. I just make sure I stabilize the GoPro in place so as to not stress the gimbal motors when pressing buttons. I suspect if you habitually just mash on the GoPro's buttons and forcibly move the GoPro with the gimbal motors running...that would be bad.

I have the same concerns, so next time I open up my Phantom, I'm going to add switches to power off my Tx and my gimbal.

coonasty said:
there's a way to turn off gimbal in software temp while pushing buttons?

no.

When I want to adjust settings on the gopro while installed in the gimbal, I have to do this on the ground (not during flight) of course, but I very gently press the wifi button, use the app to change settings, then turn the wifi back off before I fly.

alternately, you could get a quick release bracket which makes it SUPER easy to pop the gopro off/on

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20