Adjusting gain - Yaw jerking.

Reaction score
I have a P2.. currently waiting for a replacement GPS ceramic antenna... but when it was flying correctly I did notice that when under a GPS hover and doing a full deflection yaw (left or right) the P2 dips down a little.

Is this normal behaviour? does this in Phantom and Naza modes.

I'd like to reduce the gain on the YAW only to make it a little less responsive, does anyone have some figures to get started?

Feel free to post your "gain" settings here... :)

If you suddenly jam the rudder all the way or let is spring back to center immediately, you'll see a slight dip, that's just how the quad drops motor speed to yaw.

Unfortunately there's no "attitude yaw" gain for slower, smoother pans. You can use a dual-rate function on a 3rd party tx like a Futaba, and some people have gone to great lengths to add a aux circuit to the stock tx to dampen the output, but that's fairly complex. This is probably one best left to lots of practice on slow, smooth thumb movements.

First off - there's no ideal gain settings. Each Phantom has it's own signature depending on your flying habits, accessories etc. The factory settings are a starting point and work well with bone stock Phantom. Once you start loading with FPV, Gimbal etc... then you need to experiment to your liking. Personally, I would load the stock settings & "up" them by 10% until your happy. If you "up" them too far you'll get an osscialation/vibration then lower by 10%.

As mentioned earlier, yaw settings with stock TX takes alot of slow movement practice.

Gain basics - the first 4 gain #s (pitch/roll/yaw & vertical) = how the craft reacts to conditions (wind etc_) The lower two gain settings (atti gains) = how the craft reacts to stick input. IE: if you want sharp forward or side to side movement when you move sticks - up your atti gains.

I just bought a Futaba T8J and installed the transmitter into the Phantom myself with help from YouTube guides. I don't know how I ever flew without it! Beautiful smooth flying, totally programmable to how I want to film. I've even programmed a switch to circle around an object slowly keeping it centred (yaw + alerion) Get one!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20