Adjusting camera tilt on H3-3D gimbal

Reaction score
After the 3.06 update, the lever on the back of the controller didnt move my gimbal at all. I calibrated the controller a few more times and it started working. The thing I am noticing now is that when the GoPro is looking completely straight ahead, moving the lever doesnt move the GoPro down until I get about halfway through the lever pull (to almost center of that). Where would I adjust that?

I lost the pot inside the radio after 6mo. and had to replace Tx. It is a know problem. That and losing contact between the pot and the lever, You'll have to take the Tx apart and manually move the pot to see if it is a contact problem or failed pot.

bschaub said:
I lost the pot inside the radio after 6mo. and had to replace Tx. It is a know problem. That and losing contact between the pot and the lever, You'll have to take the Tx apart and manually move the pot to see if it is a contact problem or failed pot.

Yep, that's the next thing to check once the calibrations are all confirmed.

I am having the same problem and I have tried everything. I calibrated the x1 and now the camera is all the way up or all the way down. It is so frustrating. My phantom had no problem what so ever until I updated. now the camera is all the way facing forward or all the way facing the ground. is there a way to uninstall the update and go back to the previous firmware?

Same problem here but I fixed it.

Calibrate everthing first in the RC (transmitter) assistant including all the switches and the X1 on the back. I know it says the X1 will be done in the Phantom assistant but trust me you need to do it here first.

The hook the Phantom up to the computer and start the Phantom Assistant with the transmitter on. Go through the calibration of the transmitter there. All should work fine then.

Hope this works for you. I even had the problem in 3.04 and this fixed it there also.

Mine did exactly the same thing. I even recorded video of the fault and sent it to to my DJI dealer.
The only solution that worked for me was to revert back to 3.04

taxino8 said:
Mine did exactly the same thing. I even recorded video of the fault and sent it to to my DJI dealer.

You can adjust both the range of motion and speed of motion of the gimbal in the Phantom Assistant software ("Advanced", "Gimbal"). This is entirely separate to the calibration settings.

HarryT said:
taxino8 said:

You can adjust both the range of motion and speed of motion of the gimbal in the Phantom Assistant software ("Advanced", "Gimbal"). This is entirely separate to the calibration settings.

Hi Harry,
Thanks for that advice but both myself and Heliguy were at a loss as to the reason the update made the gimbal operate this way so I therefore thought it wise to go back to 3.04 ( never had a problem with that version except Gopro not quite level). It made me think that maybe there were other bugs in the update and I didn't want to risk my gear.
Bob

taxino8 said:
Hi Harry,
Thanks for that advice but both myself and Heliguy were at a loss as to the reason the update made the gimbal operate this way so I therefore thought it wise to go back to 3.04 ( never had a problem with that version except Gopro not quite level). It made me think that maybe there were other bugs in the update and I didn't want to risk my gear.
Bob

My update to 3.06 also changed the range of motion of the gimbal (on full lock it was only pointing about 60 degrees from horizontal, rather than vertical). I changed the range in Phantom Assistant, as I described, and all was well.

taxino8 said:

I'm having various problems like motors won't start & think I might like to downgrade to 3.04. How in the heck do you downgrade to 3.04?

Simply download Phantom assistant 3.0 from the DJI site. It will offer to "upgrade" you to 3.04. Motors not starting, though, generally indicates that you need to do a stick calibration. Do it first in RC Assistant, and then in Phantom Assistant.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub