Adjust roll center with SimpleBGC and goodluckbuy gimbal

Reaction score
I have searched, but have not found any info on this so I'm down to asking. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am down to one last little issue tuning my gimbal. I have a slight droop (facing camera left hangs down a few degrees) in roll when centered and flying. I can't figure out how to adjust the center point.

I have not tried this yet, but my next step will be add the wiring to control the roll through Naza and adjust the center through DJI's software. I would rather not have the extra wires attached, but it might be the only way to work it out.

Any ideas?

I just went through this myself (similar). My Goodluckbuy gimbal aout of the box was pretty good but it did "level-off" with just a slight tilt to the right (as seen through the GoPro footage). Placing the quad on my work desk, I could see the slight tilt. I connected the Gimbal to my PC and used the simpleBGC software (I believe I'm on 2.2). No battery power to the gimbal. I placed a few pieces of plastic under the gimbal plate to achieve "level" both pitch and roll. Then you select "Calib ACC" to calibrate the accelerometer. The whole unit needs to site for a few minutes undisturbed. Mine never says calibration complete, but the selection button will begone available again (highlighted) when it's complete. Next to the same for "CALIB. GYRO". Again, don;t disturb the system for a few minutes. Once complete "Write" the updates to the controller. Hope that helps.

is this possible with the Zenmuse? My droops to one side by about 5 degrees. SOOOO annoying.

DrewPDrawers... have you found that it's held the level position after cycling power or taking out for a flight?

I've done that and it appears to work just fine, but usually after a flight or two it will develop a slight lean (roll) again. I tried doing the 6 point calibration and that seems to have helped a bit, but I find if I'm out flying and it doesn't stay level, I press the button on the gimbal (without supporting it) and it shuts the motors off for a few seconds and then fires back up again level.

I read yesterday that someone suggested that when you press that button, the motors shut off to allow you to manually move the gimbal into a level position and then when it reactivates, it uses that as the level position - but I've found that not to be the case (for me anyway). I've still got some messing around with it to try and get this sorted, but I'm sure I'll get it!

My gimbal did this so here's how I fixed mine..
Connect a single cable from f1 lowest pin to your gimbal roll pin..connect to naza program on PC and change the roll centre point from zero to + 40.( for me ). Hit enter and quit the program .
Then before a flight plug in the roll cable switch phantom on as normal then pull the roll cable off its pin .. Unfortunately this appears to be the only way it will work as leaving the roll cable in place creates some odd roll movements...
Mandrake
Edit ... set the gimbal roll centre to -50 now and left the cable in place.
This has fixed the gimbal problem...
Mandrake
Sent from the thing that does everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers