Additional Channels

Reaction score
I have flown my P2 setup for some time using the stock controller and am thinking about the idea of customizing the P2 with additional widgets that I can play with from the controller. The two that came to my mind is something to turn off and on some LED and perhaps a small catch to release a parachute toy.

Now, the stock transmitter only have 7 channels that are all used up, but if I use move towards a separate 9 or 12 channel controller how would one hook up the additional channels to switch or servos? Can I connect the receiver D-BUS to the additional switches directly? Or does it goes into the P2 FC and then I get some output from there? Is there a hub that I need which will split the 7 channels into the P2 FC and 2 for other purpose?

Sorry if this sounds elementary, but I never had any experience with D-BUS before.

The way you configure channels outside of D-bus (aka S-bus) will depend on exactly which brand and model of Tx/Rx you decide to use, but in general many of them will let you pump 6-8 channels through D-bus to the NAZA, and let you use some number of other channels on the Rx's traditional channel outputs for things like you're wanting to add (no piping those through the NAZA).

I just posted this in another thread, not sure if it was yours or not, but here's a release mechanism that will work off a standard Rx channel output: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Defau ... ID=EFLA405

The way you configure channels outside of D-bus (aka S-bus) will depend on exactly which brand and model of Tx/Rx you decide to use, but in general many of them will let you pump 6-8 channels through D-bus to the NAZA, and let you use some number of other channels on the Rx's traditional channel outputs for things like you're wanting to add (no piping those through the NAZA).

I just posted this in another thread, not sure if it was yours or not, but here's a release mechanism that will work off a standard Rx channel output: http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Defau ... ID=EFLA405
I am interested in your sujestion. If I got this item how would it be hooked up to my phantom 3 adv. What would activate it on the controler? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj