Adding Vision Camera to new v 3.0 phantom

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am planning on purchasing a phantom 2 v3.0 without any fpv camera and would like to add it myself when I have more money. My question is can I buy the cheaper vision camera and the vision WiFi extender for the remote and be good to go Or is there other misc hardware that needs to be purchased to make it a phantom vision 2 v3.0? My only other experience with quads is the parrot ar and any advice is appriciated.

As I'm reading further into this I can possibly see an issue with interfere as far as the controller data link is concerned depending on which frequency band the remote and fpv operate on. I think im just giving myself a headache as far as saving money goes at this point.

Welcome to the forum!

I've read, what you wrote, several times and I just don't understand. Maybe I'm a bit slower than normal today! :)
It sounds like you want to purchase a non-vision camera Phantom, then convert it to a vision camera, with FPV. If this is close, you do know you can buy a vision model with FPV, from the factory, don't you?

Edit: Also, just in case you meant this, you don't need a second camera for FPV. Shotgun approach, hoping something I said might actually help you! :)

You might need the cable pack for the respective Vision model as well ... plus there is a component on the main board that is unique to the Vision+ that I have not seen for sale (although I have not looked).

Why don't you look at other options, like getting FPV through a GoPro?

Regarding non-Visions Phantom 2s...there is no v3.0 yet. Assuming you're talking about a Phantom 2 v2.0.

And why not just save up and either get the Vision+ or just go the GoPro route with the non-Vision?

Be very careful and learn about the Phantom 2 range.
There are 2 ranges and getting the wrong one will be a headache later.
This is to with the bandwidth it uses for controls and Video Transmission (FPV)

The standard P2 uses 2.4Ghz controls and 5.8Ghz Video transmission (FPV). This has 1 way video downlink communications unless you add Bluetooth. This model requires a bit of reading and tinkering.
There is 2 packages.
*P2 without H33D gimbal
*P2 with H33D gimbal (cheaper).

The other is the P2 Vision Range. It uses the opposite bandwidth. 5.8Ghz for control and 2.4Ghz for Video Transmission. The communication is 2 way. This package is usually ready to fly which means just add batteries (BUT PLS READ THE FKN MANUAL x5).
There is 2 packages.
*Phantom 2 Vision (golf ball camera and no stabilisation).
*Phantom 2 Vision Plus - 3 axis stabilisation
You CANNOT purchase a Phantom 2 Vision (Golf ball) and plug a Phantom 2 Vision Plus 3-axis camera into it.

It is cheaper to purchase the entire package and will save you the headache later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20