Adding Various Gear to the Phantom

Reaction score
A few people have asked about the Add-On parts I made, and how it works, so here are some pics to show it more in detail. This show the modular design, which can be set up in various different configuration to fit the gear the individual uses or prefers. In conjuction with a gimbal, the additional gear can easily be moved around to ensure a optimal COG, easy swapping of batteries, Tx positioned away from onboard electronics to lower possibility of intererence etc. These are just examples to show how it can be set up.

simensays_ao_1.jpg

simensays_ao_2.jpg

simensays_ao_3.jpg

simensays_ao_4.jpg

simensays_ao_6.jpg

simensays_ao_7.jpg

simensays_ao_8.jpg

simensays_ao_9.jpg

simensays_ao_10.jpg

simensays_d2.jpg

simensays_d1.jpg

Sure i can make that, but that would be a super simple thing to fabricate using various stuff most people have laying around. I did that at first, using a cf tube and a piece of foam, for initial tests.

Last week I ordered your foldable landing gear, "big" add-on kit, and lever-kit. I also ordered the carbon tubes you recommended on eBay. Looking forward to getting it all up and running. Planning on mounting a FPV transmitter like you show in your pics. Thanks again for the cool add-ons. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

A few people have asked about the Add-On parts I made, and how it works, so here are some pics to show it more in detail. This show the modular design, which can be set up in various different configuration to fit the gear the individual uses or prefers. In conjuction with a gimbal, the additional gear can easily be moved around to ensure a optimal COG, easy swapping of batteries, Tx positioned away from onboard electronics to lower possibility of intererence etc. These are just examples to show how it can be set up.

I can't understand why people are not taking advantage of the "Classifieds" section Adam was kind enough to add.

There were several people bemoaning the fact that there was none, and now that there is, no one is using it.

Loving your work Simon. I just posted a thread giving you credit to inspiring me to pick up the 3D tools again after god only knows how long.

Ironically is exactly what Maxxborg was talking about having found the need myself with my Fatshark Predator V2 arriving last week.

Mine is nothing like as elegant as your setup though. I'm a bit restricted with Rhino version 2.0 .... it creaks but still can come up with simple designs that will work well for the Phantom. I'm just modelling a Hero3 frame (refuse to pay £39.99 for GoPro's!). Have you ever used the elastoplastic on Shapeways? It seems ideal for that application as I don't want to split it in two like the GoPro version.

Whats in the pipeline next for you!?

Audaciter said:

I can't understand why people are not taking advantage of the "Classifieds" section Adam was kind enough to add.

There were several people bemoaning the fact that there was none, and now that there is, no one is using it.

I think classifieds will work well but 3D modelling involves quite a lot of beta testing which is better served in general discussion. I'd suggest Simon also posts this in Classifieds with links to Shapeways but its good sense to get view and feedback from people in here as its a bigger audience. Most people browsing the classifieds are afterall likely looking to buy something specific rather than help with new ideas or see what ideas are out there. Just my thoughts on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20