Adding tracking to my P4 - UK

Reaction score
I've just bought a P4 but want to add a tracking device of some kind. I've already added a lost sticker with my mobile number on but want to cover myself as much as possible.

I have seen threads about this but there mostly US & I'm in the UK and their devices are different

I've just bought a P4 but want to add a tracking device of some kind. I've already added a lost sticker with my mobile number on but want to cover myself as much as possible.

I have seen threads about this but there mostly US & I'm in the UK and their devices are different
How are they different?

I have a Loc8tor on my P4: attached easily to the Polar Pro landing gear I bought from Hobby Mounts (especially designed for the P4 - I love 'em!). Anyway, this is no good at finding your drone if you send it 3 miles away and have no idea where it went down, but usually we all have a fairly good idea of the location and then this thing comes into its own! You simply sweep the 'finder' in an arc, when the attached Loc8tor tab is within range (up to around 400 feet in OPTIMAL conditions), then it starts beeping and lights show. As you point the finder in different directions, the tone changes and more / less lights come on, so you get to know which way to walk. I use it on my cat, I bought the 'Tabcat' Loc8tor and it works a treat - we can now find 'Harley' if he gets locked in a neighbours shed. They send you a spare as well and I suddenly had an 'Eureka' moment - 'I bet I can fit that onto the drone!' Hopefully will never use it but, as it weighs only 6 grams, it doesn't affect the P4 in the slightest. I believe they ship Internationally, just use your favourite search engine to find 'Loc8tor'...

Reactions: mike710_0
Thanks very much for your reply. I know I will end up getting one. Have you checked out Ken Heron on YouTube? Really funny guy & a really good expert on the P4. His videos are first class! He even reviewed the Loc8tor in one of his videos

I've learnt a lot from him on quads. You should check him out.

Just taken my P4 out for the first time today & am very happy with my first flight. Responds & handles brilliantly, so much better than my old P3S (which also had signal issues) Am looking forward to taking it out & gradually getting used to the controls.

All in all though it's fantastic!

It does????
It does indeed. I lost my P3A a few weeks back and one of the guys reminded me of that. So after 3 hours of searching I came on here. Someone reminded me the find my drone on litchi... And I searched again and found it within 15 mins. I even put the footage on youtube lol

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

c9ad6ff9bc670ea5d21efb0a31ec9ef6.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4