Adding STROBON strobes (need advice)

Couchie said:
You do know that the $6.97 price is WITHOUT the wire, right? I was digging around and saw that. The site shows the strobes w/wires are $9.49.

Yes, I know. I am going to install one first on an F450 I am building. I plan to solder a normal servo cable to it (I have heaps of them) and plug it into an unused port on the flight controller.

okay maybe this is a stupid question but in which plug should i plug the lights exactly which one?

Provided you cut the signal wire, any of the output ports should provide power.

CityZen said:
Provided you cut the signal wire, any of the output ports should provide power.[/quote

Just tell me one I would like to be sure

M5, M6, F1, F2. Signal wire will be the bottom on the plug when plugged in. Usually white or yellow.

Couchie said:
rickasaurus said:
I ordered mine from Flytron in UK. They shipped them the same day! USD6.97

http://www.flytron.com/light-systems/99 ... light.html

You do know that the $6.97 price is WITHOUT the wire, right? I was digging around and saw that. The site shows the strobes w/wires are $9.49.

Unless you know something I don't... which is entirely possible!

Plan on using an extra channel to power mine... I hope!

I am really liking this kit: http://www.flytron.com/light-systems/21 ... -pack.html

Anyone have these mounted on a P2V+? Just looking for ideas how to mount them....

I have a set of these strobes on the way - 2 white - one red, one green. If anybody has any good ideas on how to mount them and wants to sketch them up - I could crank out a few copies on my 3D printer.

John.

Need an opinion. Purchased my P2V+ v3 right before Xmas. I have ordered the STROBON lights to install on my unit. I plan on Velcro or two sided tape to attach. My question is do I operate the strobes off of an external power supply or open the unit to attach to the receiver? The reason I ask is the way I read the warranty, this would void it. Some parts of the warranty run for a full year. Not sure if I'm ready to give that up for strobes. Any suggestions?

What is your purpose for the lights...better navigation for you, cool factor or warn overhead flying souls?

Since LEDs are fairly directional as is, about 120 degree beam, you may want to consider an off-horizon mounting. Meaning have them angled down about 25-30 degrees from horizon. This will provide you better visibility as you fly out and away. Less if you tend to fly greater distances. Or up angled of same if your application is to warn other flying craft.

If you're using the plug in method, it should not void your warranty. Take them off prior to any warranty return. Adhesive backed Velcro for mounting could also be easily removed if needed. This setup would allow you the ability to change the lights to suit your flight needs. When everything is working like you want, you can create a more permanent mount...

Can't wait to see your results, I'm still on the fence since I don't fly at night. For the distances I fly, daytime navigation lights wouldn't add any benefit. I'm leaning towards a paint scheme for that purpose.

Wanted to add the strobes for early evening flying as a better navigation tool for me. The angled effect will work best for me for the short flights I plan for the evening. I think these will work as expected. I'm just curious about the warranty more than anything. Thanks for your insight. I will post a video when I get them installed.

Is there a way I can connect it somewhere where I can control it via my RC. It is the standard DJI one

DJI controllers have a 7th channel that's usually used for gimbal tilt. You need to install a lever on the bottom of the remote.
It controls the F2 output.

Heres what I did. Went to local bike shop Bought two in a pack,, one red, one white, dbl lens flashing/strobe LEDS that use watch batts and last forever.
Put dbl lock tape on it and viola...perfect srtrobe lights that last forever!

Prylar Bek said:
Heres what I did. Went to local bike shop Bought two in a pack,, one red, one white, dbl lens flashing/strobe LEDS that use watch batts and last forever.

Good suggestion, thanks heaps!

Prylar Bek said:

Can u show a pic?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers