Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Adding Strobes to DSLR Pro phantom 2

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by omegaman1965, Jun 10, 2014.

1. omegaman1965

Hi,
    New guy here. I purchased a DSLR pro Phantom 2 fitted out with a Futaba upgraded radio. An 8FG transmitter. I want to add a a set of strobe lights, there are four switches free on the transmitter that are unused. Is there a way to use a spare switch to turn some strobes on and off? Any ideas will help.

thanks.

2. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

I have the same radio. I added Flytron strobes and put them on channel 8 on the Futaba to turn them on and off. You can assign the channel to any unused switch or dial. They can be powered right off the S.Bus connector.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxI4auJnIwQ[/youtube]

3. omegaman1965

Hi, Thanks,

First off I though that was a 7 channel radio. LOL shows you how clueless I am. I would need details on how to do that. What jack and where to plug it in. all I see is the DJI receiver. so far DSLR has not gotten back to me. if you want to email me directly feel free ppilcher@cox.net

4. Xrover

I have been looking to get some strobes on my P2. I have the Futaba T8FGS but I am still using the Stock P2 Receiver. I assume you can't hook them up switched on by the 8FGS using the P2 Receiver right?

5. omegaman1965

Yea so far no luck. I think most people who have done something like what we want to do have a futaba receiver installed. I to am using the stock P2 receiver. Help Guys!

6. gecarey

Hey Ian,
    DO you have any pictures of the install of the strobes? I have some in transit from Flytron, and need to start thinking about mounting locations....
    Thanks,

7. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

It's super simple. Take a servo cable, snip it and then solder the three leads to the three pads on the Flytron board(s). Plug the servo cable into channel 8 on the Futaba receiver, assign channel 8 to a control on the RC and away you go. If you got the separate driver boards and LEDs like I did, you need to use a different driver board for each different color of LED.

8. omegaman1965

its super simple if you have a futaba receiver. if you have the dji receiver there is no port or channel 8 to use. that's the issue Im finding out. lol

9. gecarey

Where did you locate the led's ?? It is really hard to tell but it looks like you have one or more pointed up towards the rear props.