Adding Reinforcement Mount - Is Loctite necessary?

Reaction score
I've done the mod but didn't use any loctite with the new screws that were added. I've read that it's not good to add because it can leak into the plastic itself and cause the crack. Just wondering what I should do at this point.

Reactions: Sky Media Drones
And from what I read somewhere (I think it was here ) there is a formula of LockTite that is ok for plastics, and one that's not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would like a link to the exact same blue one that is ok to use...plz.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I guess you add nail polish to the screw then screw in while wet would be the correct advice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is this really necessary or just another gimmick for me to spend money on?
How many here have got cracks?

Is this really necessary or just another gimmick for me to spend money on?
How many here have got cracks?
Are you asking if thread lock is necessary?
If so, the reason for it has nothing to do with cracks. The purpose for using thread lock is to keep screws from loosening themselves due to vibration.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've done the mod but didn't use any loctite with the new screws that were added. I've read that it's not good to add because it can leak into the plastic itself and cause the crack. Just wondering what I should do at this point.

great Idea :)
You can also get the same results by using clip on prop guards. I've being using them since Feb with no signs of stress cracks developing.

Do not use Loctite! You have nothing but problems and you will regret it! You don't need Teflon tape either. I have tons of experience in this, all you need to do is check that they're tight each night for a couple flights. I've never had them come loose,but check anyway just for peace of mind. Then if you'd like go ahead and check on your 10 flight. You'll see that none of that stuff was necessary.

Do not use Loctite! You have nothing but problems and you will regret it! You don't need Teflon tape either. I have tons of experience in this, all you need to do is check that they're tight each night for a couple flights. I've never had them come loose,but check anyway just for peace of mind. Then if you'd like go ahead and check on your 10 flight. You'll see that none of that stuff was necessary.
And folks there's my answer, thanks so much. That's what I was thinking too.

Reactions: henick
Someone post a link to them metal ones.. They look different than strongarm.. Please

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj