Adding powerful laser to my P3P?

I mentioned wearing goggles or laser safety glasses earlier.
What about goggles with built in lasers? ;-)
LASER GADGETS by Patrick Priebe
Psyclops or Psychopath? Hehe

RedHotPoker

Eh sounds neat but...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450493391.151311.jpg

Highly illegal and irresponsible piloting regardless. Good luck with that.

What part of it is illegal? Don't use the scaremongering in the media about drones and lasers pointed at pilots to prove your point. Laser pointers are perfect legal to use. One of the most common uses is pointing them at stars. This one however will be pointed on private property in all directions. The laser beam doesn't travel 5 miles, and I'll be 5 miles away from the nearest living thing.

I'm extremely responsible. In addition to that, I wouldn't do something (even if legal) if it would bring a bad name to drones or laser owners (two things I'm passionate about). Even if it was legal and safe I wouldn't do this stunt with other people watching incase some idiot did this in a public park or something.

I'm extremely careful, totally far away. I appreciate your concerns though! Happy holidays.

I have a powerful green laser that you can see the full beam in daylight/night. I was thinking about taping it horizontally to one of the P3P landing gear and spinning the drone in a circle. It would probably look really cool. Obviously I'd fly out in the middle of nowhere at night.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Maybe I'll try this weekend.
OP: go for it, i love reading about idiots like you in the news

Reactions: GoodnNuff
The place I would something like this is about 20 miles to the nearest town, and about 5mi to a road. With any luck maybe I'll be reported as a UFO? ;)
man you gota point the camera down and spin and record that now thats a light show especially over a cool car or something at low light

I have a powerful green laser that you can see the full beam in daylight/night. I was thinking about taping it horizontally to one of the P3P landing gear and spinning the drone in a circle. It would probably look really cool. Obviously I'd fly out in the middle of nowhere at night.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Maybe I'll try this weekend.

And this is why they are making us register, why do you even want to do that? You idiots that are using the green laser to shine into aircraft windshields and now attaching them to a drone have serious problems. I just can't believe you would even try this. Be a responsible hobbyist.

Reactions: RadRich
As others have suggested a laser isn't going to provide any meaningful display unless you have fog or smoke to scatter the light or a backdrop to reflect off of.

The best use of lasers like this is to strap them on sharks.

Wonderful idea, it tis the season after all! I also think pointing the laser downwards instead of horizontally would alleviate concerns that come with pointing it out horizontally where there is no control over what its aimed at. Happy Christmas tree.[/QUOTE

Been done. Check this out

Reactions: Mario_SB
Thread title says "powerful" -

Ok..scenario... The battery has an issue, sends the drone in to a spin/tumbling nosedive. In effect the laser thats attached to the downward flipping drone shines into the cabin of a small passing plane, pilot radios in his location with a report of a laser being shined because he dont know what happened. Now that we will be registered they will show up at your door asking questions. Just bad juju our hobby doesn't need.

Ok..scenario... The battery has an issue, sends the drone in to a spin/tumbling nosedive. In effect the laser thats attached to the downward flipping drone shines into the cabin of a small passing plane, pilot radios in his location with a report of a laser being shined because he dont know what happened. Now that we will be registered they will show up at your door asking questions. Just bad juju our hobby doesn't need.
As I recall, in the incidents where lasers caused problems with pilots, it involved a laser actually being pointed directly at the cockpit. This would need someone to actually aim it at the plane and track the plane as it moves. The scenario you mention is highly unlikely to happen and even more highly unlikely to be harmful or detectable if it did.

Reactions: Mario_SB
As I recall, in the incidents where lasers caused problems with pilots, it involved a laser actually being pointed directly at the cockpit. This would need someone to actually aim it at the plane and track the plane as it moves. The scenario you mention is highly unlikely to happen and even more highly unlikely to be harmful or detectable if it did.

Well said.

I don't see what is illegal in using a laser pointing down on a drone on a remote area. If someone should stop by just tell him you are testing a new weapon for the russians (and they'll believe it also) o_O

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20