Adding powerful laser to my P3P?

Ya mean your not going to blow up the earth with your Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Demodulator Laser ... because it blocks your view of Venus!!
Well ...hell ...you'll never make Marvin status! ;)

hqdefault.jpg
Is that laser from ACME, the same place Wile E Coyote buys his explosive canons and nitro glycerine leaking dynamite sticks from?
image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just asking, is all. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!!

Laser Safety Glasses, Goggles, Spectacles

image.jpeg

Working with lasers in entirely safe as long as you apply adequate protection to your eyesight. Otherwise, laser beam impact can induce severe, and often irreversible damage to retina or cornea. Take advantage of our professional anti-laser spectacles and goggles. Laser safety glasses are comfortable, absolutely safe (if selected properly), and they provide excellent visibility.
Laser Safety Glasses, Goggles, Spectacles
Apply for table with specifications to find suitable laser safety glasses or goggles.

Selecting Appropriate Laser Eye Protection
The choice of the most suitable laser safety goggles and spectacles must be done in compliance with standard EN 166, EN 207 and EN 208. The use of unsuitable eye-wear is one of the most frequent cuases of eye injury. So, please, consider the following as a guide. For a correct judgment of optical hazards, it is important to know some fundamental parameters defined in the standards of eye-protection against laser radiation.

Laser wavelength
Determine all wavelengths used in your application, to protect against with one pair of laser safety glasses (consider tunable systems or multiple lasers).

Laser mode
Check your laser output, if it is continuous, pulsed or repetitively pulsed. In case of pulse mode, additionally determine time duration to find out I, R or M type of laser.

Output parameters
For continuous wave lasers check maximum output and beam diameter to calculate the power density (W m2). For pulsed lasers determine the maximum energy, the beam diameter, and the frequency (if applicable) to calculate the energy density (J/m2) or power density (for M type) to secure most suitable laser safety glasses for your application.

Stability to radiation
This is the minimum power (or energy) density value that the protection filter of set class and must comply with. Find the stability to laser radiation (the adequate for full protection or alignment) entry in the tables - the closest greater value to your calculation. The entry identifies the spectral transmittance, and the optical density (scale number).

Spectral transmittance and optical density
Spectral transmittance is the ratio between the power (or energy) transmitted by the filter and the incident power. The transmittance values, which vary from 10-1 to 10-10 (i.e. optical density from 1 to 10), correspond to ten levels of eye protection: L1 to L10
Laser Safety Goggles
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

*Disclaimer - I am not condoning this action because it is indeed against the law to shine a laser on a person, car, aircraft etc regardless of intention.*

With legalities and moral obligations aside this would only net the desired affect if you had some type of atmospheric conditions like fog or smoke. For the most part you'll only see the beam when it's pointed directly towards the viewer.

We have several "High Power" green lasers (able to focus on an object miles away) and have had a blast with them but unless there is something floating in the air to cause some reflection they get kind of boring. Now if you have a bit (very small amount) of fog, smoke, dust etc the effect is very cool and profound.

*Discalimer #2 - Even fairly seemingly low wattage lasers can cause damage to your eye with a single shot into the unprotected eye. We use (and yes we always use them) the correct eye protection for the laser being used.

Whatever you do be sure and get it on video. Don't go to all that trouble and not record it.

If this has already been posted my apology:

Please don't. As cool and harmless as it may seem, things happen. Even hearing about attaching a laser to a drone will bring up bad connotations in the minds of most people. This hobby suffers from enough bad publicity and everyday faces new legislation that may one day lead to its banishment. Please reconsider.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: schlepprock
I'm really surprised the Mods even allow this type of discussion here.

More ignorance on display as in suggesting a 5mw Laser is not dangerous.

So with all of the reports of pilots complaining about lasers, and the bad publicity with drones, and you're going to put a laser on a Drone. Stupid move in my opinion, I think it puts you in the idiot category.

Reactions: BigAl07
Sounds safe to me, you'll have no problems with the bird.
My concern is with the laser, the diode will get HOT in seconds. Mine has a recommended run time of 15 seconds with a one minute cool down (manual) so I don't know how it will look. Very interested in some shots
Good luck, lots of uptight folks out there and heck, I'm here too!

i'll bet all the airplane pilots will love this.
Bad Idea Don't do it.

Because there are already people out there who are ruining things for the rest of us when they shine these lasers at aircraft, we should never dabble with it due to the remote possibility of an incident. We already know these lasers are dangerous. If something were to happen and did cause an accident in the air, could you really live with yourself? These are the type things that make the FAA and Law Enforcement angry with our hobbies. Yes, as one person already said, for 15 minutes of fame, it's not worth inviting further restrictions to our hobbies and enjoyment, for what??

Awesome idea as nothing could possibly go wrong:XD

I'm sure there are alot of pilots with crazy ideas on what they could but shouldn't do with their phantoms. Most just don't post about it. If you do this make sure nobody is around for miles and don't videotape it and upload it online. The FAA probably already has new rules written and just waiting for some event so they can pass it.

Personally I think the future these type of drones will be bodyguards after the technology evolves. These will all be IA robot questions into the near future.

If we have the 2nd amend to arm ourselves. Can we arm a personal bodyguard like a terminator/Chappie type of robot? What if it flies like our quads? I can see a future where where gangs, rappers, rich people are surrounded by not only flying armed drones with lasers, tasers and guns but also with Chappie type of armed robots. Come on the cops already are weaponizing drones and everything the cops get the gun nuts copy.

Its gotta start some where and probably with some hobbyist and his laserpen from the ebay. Or it might when the time in the air reaches an hour. People will use these drones to make sure their kids walked to school and back safely. This is America where guns are sacred, we put guns on just about anything. Hell they will eventually arm teachers. So ya one day they'll have guns and lasers on nonmilitary drones too. Wait until the NRA starts saying: The only way to stop bad drone with a gun is having a good drone with a gun.

hqdefault.jpg

It's only 100mw unfocused beam. Won't burn anything.

So you got a picture of this thing? I probably have 20 different lasers and find them very interesting. Nothing above 5mw though. I have worked on some CO2 lasers in the hundreds of watts used to easily cut plate steel up to about an inch. Also used and worked on NdYAG Etching lasers and laser designators for military mostly invisible though. All the ones I own are HeNe or solid state lasers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues