Adding Gps tracker on Phantom 3 Professional

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I'm planning to put GPS tracker ( instead of marco polo type of devices ),
One of these models,

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...SB_20150822205838&SearchText=gps+tracker+long

I was wondering, if ph3 gps and tracker gps can interfere each other and create lost signal/confuse the ph3 gps guidance system... is it safe? or there are 10-20% chances that standalone gps tracker can create issue with ph3 gps

TIA

Last edited:
Reactions: Cadillac Bill
I've been using 102 Nano Personal GPS Tracker for tracking my Phantom 3 Pro.
it's easily mounted on the drone, and it's very easy to live track.
check it out : Buy 102 Nano Magnetic GPS Tracker - Rewire Security
phantom-3-4-102-gps-tracker-750x750.jpg

The phantom and tracker are GPS receivers only....the tracker tx's on cellular frequencies, not gps frequencies, therefor, no interference, cellular frequencies are in the 2.4 ghz range, GPS is not...but I doubt they will mess with the Phantoms control frequencies either, never heard that was a problem

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No. I tried talking to the company regarding several things but they simply ignored my emails. Go onto ebay and take a look at the same model without their companies label, only the Ebay ones are a lot cheaper for the same thing.

They even sell their own product for £'s cheaper on Ebay. Take a look Genuine GPS Tracker Magnetic Car Vehicle Personal Tracking Device 102-NANO TK102

I asked if we could buy the same product direct from them at the Ebay price. Makes sense doesn't it? They would not have any Ebay fees to pay. This is the reply I got from them :-

102-NANO TK102 has strong magnet. Be careful.

I would try to get rid of the magnet before using it on Phantom.

Last edited:
102-NANO TK102 has strong magnet. Be careful.

I would try to get rid of the magnet before using it on Phantom.

Ouch that's kinda concerning.

Anybody who tried the TK102-NANO and can share experience on that (especially regard the magnet)

Antonio

I have a TK102 and while its's a little tricky to figure out at first, it works well so far in testing. Haven't had a fly-away for the ultimate test. The batt lasts 3-4 hours, which is enough and comes with a spare batt. For $25 + $3.33/mo for a GSM SIM, it's worth it in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

nevermind, I just realized you need service and what not.

What about the trackimo?

Trackimo comes with the first year of service included. After that point, it's $5/month.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic