Adding GPS to non-GPS iPad

You guys! I'm so torn between returning my refurbished iPad Air 2 WiFi Only and buying a refurbished Air 2 w/ Cellular OR just going ahead and buying the Dual GPS. I've worked the difference in cost to be about $20, with the Air 2 w/ Cellular being $20 more than if I bundled the Air 2 WiFi with a Dual GPS.

I just hate the fact of having something else on me that needs to be fully charged. There's also not much room left in my hardshell backpack to put extra devices.

HELP! I only have one more day to return my iPad Air.
You answered it yourself........................... go with the iPad with cellular. .

Won't you then still need to pay a new monthly charge for the cellular service on the iPad?
That's the reason I got the WiFi only iPad mini 3. Saved almost $100 in purchase, then of course spent nearly that much for the Dual GPS - but no monthly charge forever for the cell service.

Won't you then still need to pay a new monthly charge for the cellular service on the iPad?
That's the reason I got the WiFi only iPad mini 3. Saved almost $100 in purchase, then of course spent nearly that much for the Dual GPS - but no monthly charge forever for the cell service.
You don't need to activate cell service to be able to use the GPS of a cellular iPad.

Check out this post:
Tablets and phones that work well with DJI GO | Page 21 | DJI Phantom Forum

Last edited:
What about the suggestion to switch to airplane mode before flying?
This would turn off GPS via Bluetooth.
On most devices you can still use Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth while in Airplane Mode. You just need to turn them on separately once in Airplane Mode.
With iOS devices, while in Airplane Mode you can turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth from either Settings or from the Control Center. You can look here for more info.
I'm sure that Android devices have something similar, though of course most already have built in GPS.

For me personally, I never use airplane mode.

Reactions: JoBe
On most devices you can still use Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth while in Airplane Mode. You just need to turn them on separately once in Airplane Mode.
With iOS devices, while in Airplane Mode you can turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth from either Settings or from the Control Center. You can look here for more info.
I'm sure that Android devices have something similar, though of course most already have built in GPS.

For me personally, I never use airplane mode.
I thought the idea of airplane mode was to stop all incoming and outgoing signals. (So the airplane don't crash and burn.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj