Adding FPV to a P2

Reaction score
I've flown a P2 for a couple of years now and have never added FPV. Just never felt the need for it. But I would like it. I'm kind of confused by all what I see online of what gear specifically I need. I contacted a local RC Store near where I lived and asked about pricing for them to just do it all for me. He messaged me back with a list of things and prices, and one was "camera". I asked about what he meant by camera (since mine uses a gopro 4). He quote was..

"To do FPV you need a separate camera GoPro has too much latency to fly FPV"

I've never seen someone add a second camera to a P2 for the purpose of FPV. Is that just nonsense?

-Michael

I've flown a P2 for a couple of years now and have never added FPV. Just never felt the need for it. But I would like it. I'm kind of confused by all what I see online of what gear specifically I need. I contacted a local RC Store near where I lived and asked about pricing for them to just do it all for me. He messaged me back with a list of things and prices, and one was "camera". I asked about what he meant by camera (since mine uses a gopro 4). He quote was..

"To do FPV you need a separate camera GoPro has too much latency to fly FPV"

I've never seen someone add a second camera to a P2 for the purpose of FPV. Is that just nonsense?

-Michael

The P2 was designed around the the zenmuse gimbal and GoPro camera and if you have those two items you need the following to complete a 5.8GHz FPV system. A FPV system consist of an mini iOSD (telemetry), video transmitter, plug n play cable (to connect both units) and diversity monitor/receiver. Now there are three major manufactures of such equipment and they are Boscam, Immersion and Flysight an all of this equipment can be found on line cheap then you'll find in most R/C stores. There other makers of this equipment but the best are the three i mentioned.

For the 5.8GHz monitor/receiver it should have builtin battery with a sunhood and the videoTX doesn't need to be more then 600mw. All this equipment comes with standard antennas which you will replace with better preforming units. Look i make it a habit not to recommend which units to buy but if you are interested in what i use it's all listed in red at the bottom of this post.

The P2 was designed around the the zenmuse gimbal and GoPro camera and if you have those two items you need the following to complete a 5.8GHz FPV system. A FPV system consist of an mini iOSD (telemetry), video transmitter, plug n play cable (to connect both units) and diversity monitor/receiver. Now there are three major manufactures of such equipment and they are Boscam, Immersion and Flysight an all of this equipment can be found on line cheap then you'll find in most R/C stores. There other makers of this equipment but the best are the three i mentioned.

For the 5.8GHz monitor/receiver it should have builtin battery with a sunhood and the videoTX doesn't need to be more then 600mw. All this equipment comes with standard antennas which you will replace with better preforming units. Look i make it a habit not to recommend which units to buy but if you are interested in what i use it's all listed in red at the bottom of this post.
Thanks very much!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj