Adding audio to DJI Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and to modern fvp flying. While I'm waiting on the arrival of my DJI vision I've been reading the forum, the net, watching YouTube and am already considering future mods (assuming that my Phantom lasts long enough...)

I think that one day I would like to add a Zoom h1 mic (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6 ... Audio.html) or similar to my Vision. Such a recorder probably could be tuned and aimed to reduce engine noise.

Any idea if an audio feed coming from a jack on the mic can be transmitted via the DJI video tx/xr OEM setup? I have seen can hubs for the naza which - considering my limited understanding of naza - raises the question if it can be used to tx an audio stream. My concern about simply adding a separate 2.4 or 5 ghz transmitter is interference with the Vision's existing radios.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated! I really don't want to glue a spare iPhone my new Vision!!!!! :?

As you can tell, I really have no clue!!!!
Thank you!
Paul
Niagara Falls, NY

I would carry the Zoom H1 and use it to record on site audio for later sync to the video. All you will record if its mounted on the phantom is motor and prop noise.

That's probably true. My hope is that with a zoom mic you could filter out the Phantom's prop/motor noise and be able to pic up people talking back to the bird. It would be cool when filming a family event (I have six kids) & would make for a great home movie.

I've read somewhere that there is an unused 5ghz channel on the Vision controller ... Has anyone used that channel for another purpose?

paulgrenga said:
I've read somewhere that there is an unused 5ghz channel on the Vision controller ... Has anyone used that channel for another purpose?

That's a "spare" 5.8GHz control channel, normally used to control gimbal tilt, but I believe it can be repurposed for other control needs (it's possible in non-Vision Phantoms). No ability to carry audio or transmit from the air to ground though.

Thank you for your help... won't waste any more time on that. I just spend more time flying! LOL

I attached a 'USB Thumb audio recorder' via velcro to my phantom then used an audio processor to filter out the prop & motor noise.... and was left with only wind noise, forgot there is not much to record at 100+ feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav