Adding a GPS unit to the P2

Reaction score
I was thinking of adding some kind of GPS unit to the P2 for localization in case it flies away.
Im thinking of adding a GPS unit that is not made specially for that task, just an ordinary GPS unit with a smaller size.

Can this be mounted without risking interference from the added GPS module? I was thinking that maybe the GPS module can interfere with the P2´s own GPS or compass or the flight controller in some way?

I was thinking of adding some kind of GPS unit to the P2 for localization in case it flies away.
Im thinking of adding a GPS unit that is not made specially for that task, just an ordinary GPS unit with a smaller size.

Can this be mounted without risking interference from the added GPS module? I was thinking that maybe the GPS module can interfere with the P2´s own GPS or compass or the flight controller in some way?

Sounds like you are talking about a GPS Transceiver. If it's going to transmit while you are flying the P2, that may be an issue, depending on the frequency used. That's about all I can say on the subject.

This is a great way to find things. Google Custom Search for our forum.
Enter your text in the middle of the screen, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

I bought a RF-V16 and mounted it using a clip available on ebay uk. The little GPS unit is pretty much just a very small mobile phone which texts you its coordinates when you text a code to it.. No issues with interference.
images

clip http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-PHANT...121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a5140d281

Reactions: JM Levesque
Okay so the unit you have can not be followed on a map, it only sends its position when you send a text to it?
But i guess the location is only interesting when you have lost the drone and want to locate it.
Whats the weight on that GPS?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20