Added Skins, Now No Signal/GPS

Reaction score
Maybe you saw my post from a few days ago, with the fancy new skins I just put on my bird. Well, just finally got a chance to take her up for the first time since the makeover. No signal. It will come up when I first turn it on and start up, but then loses signsl, GPS reception, and loses connection altogether. I only found one thread on here referencing that, and everyone who answered said the vinyl decorative skins should have no effect on anything, especially since the Phantom's shell is plastic to begin with. But I just had a no-go. Any thoughts?

that is weird vinyl ones I have used no problems

I have one on mine as well and no problem. I don't think it would mess with the signal cause the antennas are in the landing gear and that's under the skin. Its kinda a problem that some have with the go app. I can't use the go app cause of that problem. I use litchi. You said it was your first time sending it up. Did you do all the calibration s?

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi guys....I figured I should do one more test flight before I go peeling that $25 sticker off my drone. It flew perfectly. I don't get it, no issues at all except at one point I lost GPS briefly and the drone did an unexpected altitude increase. I caught it quickly and soon regained PGPS and all was well. I have never had that happen before. I am going out to try to fly the mission I had planned for last night. Hopefully she stays hooked up again. Thanks for your advice so far, will advise on next flight shortly.

Hi guys....I figured I should do one more test flight before I go peeling that $25 sticker off my drone. It flew perfectly. I don't get it, no issues at all except at one point I lost GPS briefly and the drone did an unexpected altitude increase. I caught it quickly and soon regained PGPS and all was well. I have never had that happen before. I am going out to try to fly the mission I had planned for last night. Hopefully she stays hooked up again. Thanks for your advice so far, will advise on next flight shortly.
maybe was just a hiccup happens sometimes

maybe was just a hiccup happens sometimes

Thats what starting to think.Flew the Litchi mission last night, no issues. Also wondered if something odd was going on in the atmosphere or something.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj