Add me to the pile of P3S owners this Xmas

Reaction score
I jokingly told my fiance about 6 months ago when we were in a Best Buy that I wanted a Phantom for Christmas. Well turns out she was being serious and ended up getting me a P3S. Great! Another tool to add to my photography arsenal. I'm in the Midwest (St. Louis) area.

I mainly want to learn how to utilize the P3S to shoot aerial photography and to take videos in places that I normally wouldn't be able to setup at. Currently I am shooting on a Canon 7D Mk II with a variety of lenses. I mostly stick to railfanning but sometimes branch out when I have the opportunity to do so.

I haven't yet flown my P3S as it has either been too dark, or too windy. I went ahead and registered with the FAA and I've been soaking up as much material on flying as I can the last few days in hopes that I don't end up like the loads of other people who have crashed theirs on the first flight or flew it into a tree. Trying to be a responsible drone owner!

Just wanted to say hi and that I am looking forward to many discussions on this board!

Welcome to the forum, p3s is very easy to fly. Good to know your doing a little research before your first flight. Make sure you understand the RTH feature before taking off. Goodluck!

Reactions: BubberDucky
Welcome to the forum, p3s is very easy to fly. Good to know your doing a little research before your first flight. Make sure you understand the RTH feature before taking off. Goodluck!

Yes this was the biggest thing that I have found in my research. RTH will definitely screw you over if you don't fully understand what is going on when you initiate it. I've seen too many RTH videos in the last few days of the drone doing a 180 and flying directly into a tree or building because the max height wasn't set accordingly.

Yes
Yes this was the biggest thing that I have found in my research. RTH will definitely screw you over if you don't fully understand what is going on when you initiate it. I've seen too many RTH videos in the last few days of the drone doing a 180 and flying directly into a tree or building because the max height wasn't set accordingly.
Yes, your going to do well.

Welcome to the forum. I'm in much the same situation as you. Wife got me a P3S for Christmas. Mostly, I just wanna fly. I'm not much into photography, but I might try to get some nice pics of Mt. Rainier and the cascade mountains, here in Wa state.
I've managed to get in just one flight, in between the rain showers and the cold snaps. Might get a break next week.
All the best to you and you flying.

Reactions: microraptor
Welcome to the forum hope you get to fly soon. To me night flying is the best time but it's your choice. Happy flying

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum Ducky.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Smart pilot! Just one more word of advise - always startcwih a fully charged battery in your bird. Many problems brought to this forum hav been traced to unexpected low batteries when the bird was too far to return properly or went into unforeseen emergency land mode!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20