Add any camera to your Pv2+ with telemetry

Reaction score
Okay guys as promised here is how to unlock this extremely expensive modification to use any camera/gimbal with your pv2+.
1> the first pic is a Diagram of the cables the most and only important cable needed is the one which says (video in )rest of all these calls are not required. This cable is directly coming out of the wifi module. Separate it from all other and bring it back up to the module.

2> now you will have to cut one of the wires on the connector which is the video in so that later you can connect whatever camera wire to it their are several cables for goporo on ebay and other websites through which u can connect on end to the mini usb and the other yellow wire will be connected to the video in and black is ground
http://www.hobbyking.com/…/__33609__GoPro_Hero_3_to_FPV_Tra…
this is how the cable looks like

3> now attach it to the cam port right next to the module which is also next to the bemuse port on the main board. there you go your telemetry is up and running despite you have no camera or original gimbal attached at this stage the telemetry is only working for all android devices with DJI app and for iOS its working with the booster app.

4> Now comes the best part the video in cable that u have separated from the connector that is the video hot but on the other side meaning the other camera cable side when u splice the av out yellow connector or if u use the go pro cable it already has two wires the first yellow wire will be attached to the video in and the other is the ground. Ground current is easily available all around the bird just touch it to the wifi extender shield the top steel part and thats it your camera will show on the app. i used an old cyber shot camera.

Here you goths results are in front of you telemetry working and camera working as well.

I have tried to make it as easy but still if u have any questions just ask me.

If u guys think i Deserve a reward my paypal email address is [email protected].

ill be posting pics as well

O

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365576.377291.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365576.377291.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 1,184
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365614.164309.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365614.164309.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 1,169
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365641.569333.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365641.569333.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 1,144
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365657.486520.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365657.486520.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 1,125

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365719.876289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365719.876289.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,168
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365751.814062.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365751.814062.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 1,163
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365770.766755.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365770.766755.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,020
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365801.187690.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426365801.187690.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 1,099
Instead of asking for rewards, it would be nice if you reference and give credits to the people who came up with this solution, especially that you are using one of the diagram we came up with .
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815
To be fair, it's nice that you put all the steps in one thread, but please acknowledge the people who worked day and night.

danillll said:
Instead of asking for rewards, it would be nice if you reference and give credits to the people who came up with this solution, especially that you are using one of the diagram we came up with .
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815
To be fair, it's nice that you put all the steps in one thread, but please acknowledge the people who worked day and night.

I never said I made the diagram as far as I only posted what I did didn't use any other images posted all my test results I am not going to lie I did do some research but whatever I did I should be getting appreciated for as for what you guys did I am sorry if u have posted this before I didn't see it.

And once again the people who have worked for it deserve every pat on their back. I made all of this for what to gain attention. Your mistaken I did for all those like me who are suffering for it if anyone had all this pulled up they could have posted it here.

danillll said:
No hard feelings buddy, not convinced that you came up with this byyourself , the diagram you posted is taken from here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachme ... id=7283164
did u read what I wrote that I never said that I made that diagram and I did say I researched about this. Isn't that enough you now what I'll delete my post and then the real people can actually post it to help the ones suffering I have no issues.

Sorry to say but I have seen so many people who have had their gimbals broken posting about it asking for help so many topics about the drone expert people yet no one ever came up with all of this to help when I try to help I am being attacked. This is sick

I coincidentally read the 30+ page thread on rcgroups last week... VERY good read.... I was actually excited to keep reading to see what else they all discovered. quite amazing really.

Here it is again http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815

BTW Noone is attacking you... that other fellow was merely questioning your source of information... nothing wrong with that is there ?

Thanks for your efforts Saao! You have answered a question I had about how to get telemetry without a gimbal/camera. I'll still need to get a wifi module for my transmitter but shouldn't be too hard to get working.
Thanks again!

Saao, are you using the stock wifi range extender with your setup?

edonovanl said:
Saao, are you using the stock wifi range extender with your setup?

What do you mean stock? Everyone has to use the stock wifi module and extender in order to use the DJI app.

By 'stock', I mean the wifi module that ships from DJI. There are alternatives on the market to replace the RE500 or RE700 that he could be using. I ask because I am in the market for a range extender and am researching my options. It's for a P2V+v2 transmitter w/o a range extender and I am trying to get telemetry from the camera/gimbal-less P2. Probably, I should just get the RE700...

Saao, I'm going to try your approach to my P2V+V2 as it did not come with a gimbal/camera. It is my practice drone and FPV would be really nice to have. Did you mention what camera you are using? I'm thinking of picking up a Vision camera....

edonovanl said:
Saao, I'm going to try your approach to my P2V+V2 as it did not come with a gimbal/camera. It is my practice drone and FPV would be really nice to have. Did you mention what camera you are using? I'm thinking of picking up a Vision camera….

well its ur choice u can just get a mini sony cctv camera that the best way or a gimbal and go pro

This mod does work but only with Android. Has anyone found out why the mod does not work with the DJI vision app. I did not like the booster app as you have to purchase too many extras to get the same as the DJI free one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.