Add another fly away to the tally.

Reading the reviews, everyone is saying that camera is better on the Autel. Man, I have to say, I'm still waiting on Dji's response on my case. Depends on what happens, but if I'm not satisfied with the result, I could join the pumpkin army.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
;)

autel has the best customer service
That is probably true for customers in the US. Is that the case outside the US? Also it is much easier to have great customer service when you haven't put that many products out.
autel has a better product
Look I know you love your X-Star. It really does look like a great quad. I'm glad you like it but whether its better than all DJI products... that's an opinion. I would argue it competes, customer service is probably great for the 300 folks that have it, but a better product than the entire DJI line-up. Probably not.

At this point 2 months after release, it is really premature to say anything definitive about the company or product. This time next year I may say you are right and buy the X-Star Premium myself but today no.

That is probably true for customers in the US. Is that the case outside the US? Also it is much easier to have great customer service when you haven't put that many products out.

Look I know you love your X-Star. It really does look like a great quad. I'm glad you like it but whether its better than all DJI products... that's an opinion. I would argue it competes, customer service is probably great for the 300 folks that have it, but a better product than the entire DJI line-up. Probably not.

At this point 2 months after release, it is really premature to say anything definitive about the company or product. This time next year I may say you are right and buy the X-Star Premium myself but today no.
that's fair sounds like next year you will be getting a autel time will tell

Wow, 62 mile range --- up to 2 hrs flight time. Me want. Does it come in ORANGE?
[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji35]

Wow, 62 mile range --- up to 2 hrs flight time. Me want. Does it come in ORANGE?
[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji35]

lol comes out next year around $20.000

With such a big investment I put on a seperate gps tracker (trackimo ) incase of fly aways.

BACK ON TOPIC !

What happened with DJI ?
Are they going to replace it. ?

Reading the reviews, everyone is saying that camera is better on the Autel.
I've been following discussion on the X-Star and haven't picked that up.
It seems that the camera is OK and of a similar quality to the P3's camera but with a wider field of view.
I've also picked up on a few users commenting on the lag they are experiencing with it.

looking at the log. I don't even think my RTH even worked.
Duh. If your compass/calibration was off the RTH would make it fly in some random *** direction would it not? It seems to me with my super limited understanding of drone piloting that using the RTH after a compass error would be a sure fire way to send a bird into the great unknown.

Reactions: Reed L
Duh. If your compass/calibration was off the RTH would make it fly in some random *** direction would it not? It seems to me with my super limited understanding of drone piloting that using the RTH after a compass error would be a sure fire way to send a bird into the great unknown.

Why would you think that? I would see your point if there were also GPS errors - but I think it's possible to have Compass errors while still having good GPS data - and if that situation occurred, I would think that the Phantom should be smart enough to ignore the compass data (that it knows to be in error) and use only GPS to navigate home....

If GPS errors are also present - and the Phantom *knows* that the GPS data is bad - it again should be smart enough to disallow/ignore the RTH function and just hover until the data becomes reliable or the critical battery auto-land is triggered.

It would be the situations where the GPS data is bad but the Phantom doesn't know that it's bad in which an RTH would trigger a flyaway...

Reactions: Peio64270
I got a hold of DJI, and they hung up on me. I guess it's because I caught them at the tail end of their hours and the dude did not want to deal with it. I'm not very optimistic about getting a replacement after hearing all the stories here. Plus I bought it off ebay. I honestly believe this thing was defective. Got a compass error a couple of times a few weeks ago in Michigan out of nowhere. This time, I didn't even have the opportunity to try to fly it back in ATTI, because the RC signal got lost immediately. The thing wasn't even far away, and I had a pretty good line of sight! I knocked on a few houses on the last point, and nothing. Most of the people don't even speak English, and it would be a miracle for whoever finds it to actually call me.

I'm gonna wait this out and see how DJI responds.

A used drone? Off eBay?

Honestly, to expect anything in any case is stretching things IMHO. Many warranties are not transferable....and think of the possibilities. Many people here have noted they have dunked their Phantoms - dried them out - and then they worked again. Wouldn't such people likely sell their models on eBay?

It takes more than the basic logs to really troubleshoot something - there are myriads of other possibilities.

Sorry for your loss - hate to see anyone lose a bird or money. At the same time, I would never buy a used drone unless it was from a well known forum member on RCG, etc. where I really knew the history of it. Even then I would never expect warranty from the maker.

It all seems bizarre to me that out of nowhere this would happen. I got a couple of compass errors out of nowhere a few weeks back while visiting family in Michigan, .
Maybe your better bet is with eBay, Paypal or the seller?

Just making a suggestion if you hadn't thought of it...this assumes unit was purchased in the last 45 days or so.

I've been following discussion on the X-Star and haven't picked that up.
It seems that the camera is OK and of a similar quality to the P3's camera but with a wider field of view.
I've also picked up on a few users commenting on the lag they are experiencing with it.
camera is better

Reactions: Jfasig
Fly with a tracker / locator..
Marco Polo is non gps and has a great range..

QUOTE="losman26, post: 853689, member: 56988"]I got a compass error right away into my flight, hit return to home while flying in atti-, then lost RC signal immediately. The thing never came back,, and is probably stuck in a tree somewhere, who knows. I bought my p3 pro slightly used off of ebay, so probably DJI is not going to cover anything. Pretty convinced this is a defect. I got a compass error a couple of weeks ago while visiting Michigan as well out of nowhere like this, but managed to fly it back in atti mode. This time, I lost the RC as well. Calling DJI right now, 16 in the queue. I will get another drone eventually, probably not DJI depending on what happens.[/QUOTE]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj