Actual Range Explination

Reaction score
Alright. So I have the Phantom 2 Vision Plus and am confused by all of the specs. Can someone please explain to me what is the actual distance the drone will fly? Is this difference different than how far the Video picks up? Is it farther or shorter distance?

There are 2 ranges for the TX, CE mode gives you 400 metres = 1312 ft and FCC mode gives you 800 metres =2642ft

The FPV range is stated as 500-700m = 1640ft to 2296ft

All ranges are dependant on various factors such as surroundings, weather, terrain.

CE by the way is what the Europeans will use and FCC is what the Americans etc will use, however there are no rules why we in the Uk cant use FCC mode, I do.

crash1sttime said:
There are 2 ranges for the TX, CE mode gives you 400 metres = 1312 ft and FCC mode gives you 800 metres =2642ft

All ranges are dependant on various factors such as surroundings, weather, terrain.

CE by the way is what the Europeans will use and FCC is what the Americans etc will use, however there are no rules why we in the Uk cant use FCC mode, I do.

And in DK, FCC mode ;)

Well no. I guess my question is. In Ground Station the max range I can set it at i guess around 1500FT away. How do I change this to be farther?

ASATopGun said:
How do I switch to FCC from CE?
Within the RC Software you can switch between FCC mode and CE-mode.
Note: making sure it is in CE-mode can be more difficult though. For that the setting of the set-screw on the back of the TX is also important.

ASATopGun said:

look on the back of your Tx, you'll see 3 holes on the bottom right, the hole that's kinda in the middle of the three holes is the one that lets you switch from FCC to CE. Just get a screwdriver and turn the screw inside either clockwise or counter clockwise and turn the Tx on and listen to the beep(s). If done correctly, 1 beep will mean it's in CE and 2 beeps will mean it's in FCC.

edit: This is for the FC40, apparently the hole placement on the P2 is different.

crash1sttime said:

I would be interested in doing this, do you know what the difference in power is, because Ofcom IR2030/1/22 and IR2030/1/23 do specify power limits for 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz. So rules DO exist in the UK, but I dont know if the FCC power is within this ?

Has anyone looked into this ?

ASATopGun said:
It would be good if DJI provided a reference with useful information like this.
I wonder if the manual covers this ...
i-mSXPdnL-L.jpg

I wonder if anything else in there might be useful.

Holds up sigh "Sarcasm" :roll:

crash1sttime said:

There clearly are rules and they are not hard to find, so I am not sure why you would say this.
The CE setting for the 5.8Ghz Tx (for example) is set to the maximum power permitted in the EU at 25mW, when you set it to the FCC setting you quadruple the power output.

Most of us do bend the rules, but stating that there aren't any when there are is just unhelpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4