Actual max height?

I remember my first beer.

When I first got my P4, I took it to a local mountain top (2100 foot elevation). From there I was able to go another 800 feet above home point for a total elevation above sea level of 2900 feet. I lost visual sight of the drone at about 600 feet and chickened out completely when it got to the 800 foot mark. The area is used heavily by hang gliders and air traffic avoids the area. It was a one time test to see what it could do, and I was surprised by over a half mile altitude,

This might send a few over the edge, but the OP asked what is Max height. I think you'll run out of battery before reaching it but........
Screenshot_2017-01-21-10-46-32.png

This might send a few over the edge, but the OP asked what is Max height. I think you'll run out of battery before reaching it but........View attachment 74079

Go ahead and enjoy flying that high without the proper license, or authority.

May luck be on your side.

I think civilian
Yes, that means you can't fly it on the everest summit after hauling it up there on your back. not much over the last base camp altitude I would think.
cold air would be denser, so you might get 6002M if really cold, but batteries would even it out since they hate the cold.
but 6000M - 500M = hope you bring an oxygen tank to breath with.

flying inside spaceX craft could get you to 20 miles maybe. wouldn't even need the motors most of the "flight". Do you think dji programmers envisioned 1 rpm while gps says drone is flying twice the speed of sound?
I think civilian GPS wont register Mach 2 as that could have a military re-use.

The FBI and Homeland security now shoot down party balloons, especially if over 401 ft AMSL not AGL because they think terrorists are using them!

I think civilian

I think civilian GPS wont register Mach 2 as that could have a military re-use.
mach 2's only use is they can't hear you till you are already gone. But I will have to test that out. I would guess it is finding the satellites, since it is just geometry that calculates the position.

So the FAA police are out in full force enforcing the 400ft suggestion. I see them everywhere, with their binoculars looking in the sky, shooting down drones, arresting people, writing tickets. It's scary...
Oh wait.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Apilot101
Fwiw, I don't care what you or anyone else on the forum thinks of me. You don't know me, do you always blindly dismiss people who are trying to give you advice and their viewpoint, applied to knowledge that they have gained from experience?

Jeeze ...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Who are also familiar with the rules? So, if you crash your car or drive drunk, if you get caught, you pay the consequences. It is still against the law. Fly in restricted air space or cause an incident and guess what, you will pay the consequences.

I can't put it any plainer than that. Have a good day and fly safe.

Reactions: torgytoo
Not correct. The 400 ft limit is a safety suggestion unless you have your licence. But a hobbyist can fly as high as 1600 ft, as long as it is safe. Meaning no air traffic.
Believe FAA rules state "under 400 feet". You agree to that if you have even a hobbyist license. I am finding that I fly about 160 feet which gets me the sights I want to see on my flights.

Who are also familiar with the rules? So, if you crash your car or drive drunk, if you get caught, you pay the consequences. It is still against the law. Fly in restricted air space or cause an incident and guess what, you will pay the consequences.

I can't put it any plainer than that. Have a good day and fly safe.

Just because someone doesn't agree with "your viewpoint" you call them ignorant and picture a snot nose kid. You don't have a clue who is on the other end.

As I said earlier..... you don't want to go to 401, then don't, but since I just spent 3+ weeks working in a top FAA officials house, and discussing this daily, I think I'll take his word over yours. I will let you go back to your beer. Ill go back to helping remove the chains DJI implimented on these quads. And as Paul Harvey used to say.... Good day.

Believe FAA rules state "under 400 feet". You agree to that if you have even a hobbyist license. I am finding that I fly about 160 feet which gets me the sights I want to see on my flights.
If I fly 160 feet 30 yards in any direction from my back yard, I will be in the trees.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't recall calling anyone ignorant or referring to anyone as a snot nosed kid.

I don't understand the defiance here, best practices are clearly laid out. It is bad for the hobby when people blatantly ignore the guidance.

Does the OP know how to tell whether or not they are flying safely? That's all I that I am questioning.

... And I choose not to engage in your pointless fodder any longer ...

Even as a hobbyist, you must register your drone with the FAA. This registration clearly states, as one of many requirements, that you must keep your drone under 400' unless you receive a waiver. It can be seen here: Getting Started. They use the word "must" and not "should". Keep flying over 400' and someone will ruin this sport for all of us.

Reactions: Blessed77
Even as a hobbyist, you must register your drone with the FAA. This registration clearly states, as one of many requirements, that you must keep your drone under 400' unless you receive a waiver. It can be seen here: Getting Started. They use the word "must" and not "should". Keep flying over 400' and someone will ruin this sport for all of us.

You are not reading the columns correctly. Look at the top, there is one column labeled "Fly For Fun" and another labeled "Fly for Work" Fly for Fun applies to hobby. You are representing "Fly for Work" as what applies to hobby flying which is incorrect. There is no requirement to fly under 400' in the "Fly for Fun" column as you state.

However, the FAA does list this in other areas when registering. The FAA has a history of stating incorrect information. Even their own letter confirms that. As mentioned, the FAA themselves have issued a _written_ statement stating that its not a regulation to fly under 400' as a hobby. You can post all you want, it's not going to eliminate the FAA's own confirmation of the regulations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik