Active track sensitivity

Reaction score
Just wondering if people wouldn't mind sharing what types of objects have you been successful with active track. How small of an object can you track. I understand back round can make a difference but I am trying to get a sense of what it can really do.

I can't track much of anything. I see folks posting tracking themselves or on a bike. Just testing it out, I lose myself in a few seconds

Reactions: AyeYo
Cars and people on bikes track well in open areas. People walking can be tracked if they're in an open area with high-contrast clothing. Fast accelerating options or objects on monochrome backgrounds don't track well - i.e. it's useless for snow sports.

One neat use of ActiveTrack that I have found is tracking completely stationary objects, like a house. It seems like a dumb idea at first, but if you do it, you can get some really great shots of a house and always have the drone pointed right at it.

On one occasion I was tracking one of my subjects running around in an open park, all was going well until they crossed paths with a second subject and the unit switched to following the second subject. It would appear that two items or more subjects can appear the same and mix things up. Otherwise it has worked fairly well. One other thing I noted on tracking is; if the subject suddenly turns towards the unit it will backup or it may move to the side to keep the subject, so make sure you have clearance for unexpected direction changes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr