Active track on P4: does it follow yes or no?

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum because I just bought a Phantom 4. I am discovering the capabilities of this machine (amazing, so far) but can't figure out what active track is and is not supposed to do. Is it supposed to follow the tracked subject (e.g. a walking person) by flying along behind it, as DJI and some tutorials on YouTube suggest, or does it not do that but instead just hovers and pans/tilts to keep the subject in the image, no more? A tutorial on Youtube by BillNicholsTV even claims just that: panning and tilting, no following.
I didn't manage to have the P4 follow the subject in Active Track, only to hover and pan/tilt to keep the subject in sight (and yes, I did hit the green 'go' circle). Any advice is welcome...

It should follow the subject -- like this:

How close was your subject to your Phantom?

How close was your subject to your Phantom?
Maybe 5-8 meters (if the subject is too far or too close, it loses it), altitude 3 meters or a bit more. The point is: the camera would follow the subject nicely, but the phantom wouldn't move, it hovers.

Maybe 5-8 meters (if the subject is too far or too close, it loses it), altitude 3 meters or a bit more. The point is: the camera would follow the subject nicely, but the phantom wouldn't move, it hovers.
Try hitting the OK button next to the green box

Thanks guys. now it works, but Course Lock doesn't. I'll watch some tutorials first before posting that one. Thread closed!

How did you end up resolving this issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj