Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. KykPhantom

Active Track: If I want to go up or down a hill, should I be concerned of a crash or will the P4 adjust it altitude?

2. Dinerve

I don't know for sure for downhill, I seen videos and it did not seem to follow but for uphill it is a feature the P4 has at least as per release notes you can read below:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/en/Phantom_4_Release_Notes_en_20160712.pdf

"Optimized altitude adjustment logic so that the aircraft automatically adjusts its altitude according to changes in terrain while using ActiveTrack (available when the aircraft is flying within 10 meters of the ground)."

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

KykPhantom likes this.
  3. KykPhantom

Very good information, thanks! I will give it a try.

4. r62ewa

I just tested this out this evening. I stood on top of a small hill and set it to ActiveTrack on me, I walked down the hill and the Phantom followed me and lowered elevation to maintain it's AGL, I then turned around and walked up the hill and it adjusted going back up as well. This is when below 10m, but it is terrain aware and will adjust, both going downhill and up.

Dinerve likes this.
  5. Dinerve

Brilliant! I always thought this and the rebadged terrain follow feature of the Mavic were the same!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

#5 Dinerve, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  6. KykPhantom

7. MacCool

I was under the impression that on Active Track, the drone would also adjust altitude to keep the selected object roughly the same size. Did I misunderstand?