Active Track--Can it control camera independent of flight?

Reaction score
I have two situations that are difficult with my P3, and I am wondering if getting a P4 will help, that is will Active Track help with either or both:

1. Subject is moving and I want to fly along next to the subject, then circle around, and vary my distance from the subject, but I want the camera to stay focused on the subject. Can Active Track keep the camera pointed at the subject while I fly?

2. Subject is moving, I want to fly parallel to subject , 20 feet in front AND 20 feet off to the side, so that I can shoot the subject from in front and the side, but this means that the drone has to travel at an angle relative to the camera. Can Active track help here by keeping the camera pointed in the right direction while I fly at the desired angle? (Really these are kinda the same question...)

Thanks for any thoughts or advice!

I think one of the 3rd party apps would be better for side tracking; look into Litchi and Autoflight Logic's Autopilot. Use the search and read all you can. Also check out Youtube videos.

Yes, but you have to control the P4. While tracking you can adjust the yaw and move the p4 to the side or the front of the subject. Activetrack will control everything else to keep the camera focused on the subject.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is it possible for a separate person to control the camera on the phantom 4?
One pilot and one camera operator.
Thank you I'm just trying to get a grip on all of this.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you I appreciate the info.
We have a farm and I'm trying to get the best drone to monitor our beef heard. It's about a mile to the end of the pastures.
Do you recommend a different drone? I bought the phantom 4 but am contemplating returning it for a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you I appreciate the info.
We have a farm and I'm trying to get the best drone to monitor our beef heard. It's about a mile to the end of the pastures.
Do you recommend a different drone? I bought the phantom 4 but am contemplating returning it for a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Inspire is the next step up but costs more than twice what a phantom 4 does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers