Active track another phantom

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has tried it? Sold my vision 2+ (Dam they don't hold their value) to a friend and going to attempt this. Supposely it shipped today next day air but on the ups site it says it will be delivered on the 22!

Let me know if one of you folks tried tracking another phantom.

Thanks

Yes, it's been done with Litchi Magic Leash. Somebody strapped their cell to a 2nd Phantom. It worked perfectly. The video is around somewhere...

"Follow me" has now been replaced with a "Stalk Her" mode. It videos what she is doing and whom she is with. "Active Track" is a new mode on the P4 that allows targeted crosshairs to center an object which you intend to shoot. That's the only difference.

Thanks for the info.

So my original question is still valid? Active Track can be selected to another phantom and it might be able to track it??

A Phantom is very small when viewed through the camera so you would need to be very close to get the other Phantom large enough on screen to be tracked. That would mean flying very close to the other Phantom and this proximity might be so close as to risk collision if the P4 doesn't react quickly enough to a sudden stop or other movement by the Phantom being tracked. Phantoms also tend to move around quickly & this, coupled with the required proximity necessary for tracking, might make this more of experimental issue than a practical application.

Thanks for the info.

So my original question is still valid? Active Track can be selected to another phantom and it might be able to track it??

Autopilot can track another phantom today on P3 with airspace and in future probably with P4. They are just awaiting DJI to release the SDK

Sorry - I misunderstood your thread heading. My bad.

Here is what I think is a good explanation of of Active Track:

Click ahead to 5:20:

What I get from this is that it is designed to follow a human. From this description, I think it would have a tough time following a phantom. MHO. Somebody will test this soon and we'll know for sure!

Active track is easily fooled and sudden moves that bring the object out of the frame or if the object gets obscured or blocked by another object the P4 will lose its lock and not be able to track. Basically it was intended to track large easily discernable or slow moving objects.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr