Activation of new P3P

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just updated the firmware and running an ipad with the latest DJI app.

When registering a new account I've noticed a few things:

1 - it doesnt allow new accounts with 'custom' email addresses - hotmail etc work ok, but @billrob.co.uk or similar displays a 'please use a valid email address' message.
2 - I cant activate it!!! Server error or something similar...

also, the gimball looks about a couple of mm off centre when on a table (and turned on), can this be 'straigntened' in the app via the calibration settings?

Apart from that...it pretty good so far.

cheers,
Matt

Last edited:
I had the same issue. I could set up my account but it never prompted me to activate the craft. Finally, yesterday I tried powering the remote, then launching the app, then powering the P3 (in this order) and as soon as the P3 powered up, the activate prompt launched and I was good to go. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the sequencing of power up or if the server was just down the night before when I was trying to activate. Hope this helps!

Reactions: leglessmatt
strange - will give it a go.

Fixed issue 1 by creating a DJI account on the internet first, then logging in on the ipad.

If the account is created by the (ipad) app then it doesn't seem to allow the 'custom' email addresses.

cheers

I had the same issue. I could set up my account but it never prompted me to activate the craft. Finally, yesterday I tried powering the remote, then launching the app, then powering the P3 (in this order) and as soon as the P3 powered up, the activate prompt launched and I was good to go. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the sequencing of power up or if the server was just down the night before when I was trying to activate. Hope this helps!

it seems the sequence is key, did what you said and now a happy pilot...cheers!

Reactions: stinkeye
Hi All,

I've just updated the firmware and running an ipad with the latest DJI app.

When registering a new account I've noticed a few things:

1 - it doesnt allow new accounts with 'custom' email addresses - hotmail etc work ok, but @billrob.co.uk or similar displays a 'please use a valid email address' message.
2 - I cant activate it!!! Server error or something similar...

also, the gimball looks about a could of mm off centre when on a table (and turned on), can this be 'straigntened' in the app via the calibration settings?

Apart from that...it pretty good so far.

cheers,
Matt

I noticed that on my Tx also, the left gimbal leans to the outside of the controller. Would have to be an internal manual adjustment to correct. (adjust a spring or a stop)

I noticed that on my Tx also, the left gimbal leans to the outside of the controller. Would have to be an internal manual adjustment to correct. (adjust a spring or a stop)

ah weird, after looking through the ipad app there is a gimbal tilt adjust that seems to adjust it in pretty small increments. Not sure if this is a usual requirement though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31