Activating the dji goggles.

Reaction score
I have the P4 with hdmi module installed but can't activate the goggles.
Dji have said to use the hdmi cable but that don't work. Their live support is useless as I've been on a chat for an hour and I keep being told to wait a minute with no joy

Is there any other option? I've tried another pc, disabled firewall/antivirus. I've spoke to support but every person on their support has a different opinion.

If nobody gets back to you before tomorrow, I'll try activating mine with a Phantom 4 when they arrive.

If nobody gets back to you before tomorrow, I'll try activating mine with a Phantom 4 when they arrive.
Cheers msinger,

I'm very tech switched on (at least I thought) but I've spent 8hrs exploring all options.
I've left a comprehensive report to dji tech support.
The goggles show up on dji assistant as mavic pro glass and when I click on it it shows me the firmware revisions (3 of).
I have latest firmware.
Dji support said to activate it via hdmi (which I tried and didn't work) I said to the support rep how will a hdmi cable activate when there is no data comms in the cable, the response was a pause for 15 minutes which eventually said "I'm not familiar with the goggles".
I'm seriously losing it with them.

By the way here's a good tip for you all with goggles. Be careful when you push the goggles back into the box as the top layer is rough enough to tear the grey material covering the headband (cheap and weak material).
Overall I'm a gnats bol**** away from jacking in the hobby after realising how terrible their support us and quality control procedure.

Just an update before I go to bed.
After extensive research it's still not working and it looks like I'm not the only person according to other forums.
Keep me posted pls.

I had to use a friend's Mavic to get my DJI Goggles activated for use in my P4, dji support were no use during this process either.

Last edited:
Update this morning after techie support online last night whom advised me to call technical support this morning. I've just come off the phone from technical support and they told me to send an email as they don't understand the goggles.

Yeah that's why they told me to do also, so I send the email and about 24 hrs later got a lame response from them telling me to try another cable and a different computer, which of course didn't work. If you have access to a mavic activate the goggles from it.

Yeah that's why they told me to do also, so I send the email and about 24 hrs later got a lame response from them telling me to try another cable and a different computer, which of course didn't work. If you have access to a mavic activate the goggles from it.
Dont have access to Mavic so stuck.

Just an update before I go to bed.
After extensive research it's still not working and it looks like I'm not the only person according to other forums.
Keep me posted pls.
I have the same issue with my goggles and p4pro, did you end up working it out?

Worked great, thanks so much :) It seems the issue was the DJI Assistant, the link you sent me had a newer version than the DJI site (well as of yesterday). There was also an issue where it would not let me log in, i reset my password to the same password again then it let me login and the app came up as DJI Goggles too. Its bizarre though how they don't have a diopter in the goggles for people that wear glasses like me. The screen is so close that my current glasses aren't sharp. They are 95% ok but that last 5% wrecks the whole experience. Will get a set of reading glasses today. Big booboo from DJI though.... it seems like such an obvious inclusion..... do they not do any beta / testing testing with people over 30 or with people that wear glasses?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20