Activate aircraft

Reaction score
I just Exchange my old phantom 3 for a new one as I had ESC warning now just got, it trying it in the too start it in the house too make sure all ok....
It keeps coming up with activate aircraft. Am I missing something ????
How do I activate my bird??
e6c5240914cf3bcc8eb83e271268a9a1.jpg

How did you solve your panic!!
I have the same problem (and message), not quite panicking yet!

New birds have to registered with DJI through the Go app in order to activate them. Motors won't start until you do. Simple and straightforward to do, only time you actually have to have an Internet connection.

Reactions: Brayan2134
Isn't that described in the "Quick Start Instructions " that come with the Phantom?

No.
Neither the Quick Start ones nor the more comprehensive downloaded one make reference to this. The only hint I have had that some sort of registration is needed is in the order confirmation email from Drones Direct (UK) was a comment ".(a link) .. for your invoice. You will need that to register your drone."
I've had no on screen instructions on my mobile and the only thing I've seen is a red "Registration required" message on my Camera screen. From on-line forums I've seen reference to a need to update firmware and that this will prompt a start up sequence which will deal with registration. I am bit loath to update firmware when I haven't really got anywhere with this - not even off the ground!

Supplier eventually acknowledged a fault and replaced drone. The new one automatically started this activation procedure on first use.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4