Activate 7 channel resets after power restart

runned virtual windows on mac and reverted 2.0 back to 1.08.
Also enabled 7th channel and added potentiometer into system.
But phone app tilt no longer seems work (also not needed anyway)
But maybe there are some topic with comparision - 1.08 -2.0 - 3.0.
For me seems every step forward with DJU is step backward for users.

And also added TP link antenna and small mod for RC antenna and range grew up to 750 meters. And then videolink is disappeared, but RC link - I have no idea, how to check that so far away.

Dillinger said:
runned virtual windows on mac and reverted 2.0 back to 1.08.
Also enabled 7th channel and added potentiometer into system.
But phone app tilt no longer seems work (also not needed anyway)
But maybe there are some topic with comparision - 1.08 -2.0 - 3.0.
For me seems every step forward with DJU is step backward for users.

And also added TP link antenna and small mod for RC antenna and range grew up to 750 meters. And then videolink is disappeared, but RC link - I have no idea, how to check that so far away.

Nice to know you got it working. When the 7th channel is working the app tilt will not but yes who cares.
I have not seen a thread comparing v 1, 2, & 3. But there should be one.

The only way to know control range is to fly out of range and have it switch to failsafe. If you FPV cuts out before your control, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Do you like the potentiometer knob better than the 7th channel on the back?

I never had back lever...
I tried original potentiometer(with screwdriver), but even after calibrating it was too short angle for working and too jerky movement for me.
Also after initial potentiometer try I changed wires to reverse knob movement.
BUT - there is still small area in the beginning where knob moves, assistant see's this movement, but camera does not react.

Maybe there is potentiometer resistance in play( I hear 1K pots in use and I have 5K pot as some recomendations are. If I get used to this 5K pot, I m not switcing it :)

Dillinger said:
I never had back lever...
I tried original potentiometer(with screwdriver), but even after calibrating it was too short angle for working and too jerky movement for me.
Also after initial potentiometer try I changed wires to reverse knob movement.
BUT - there is still small area in the beginning where knob moves, assistant see's this movement, but camera does not react.

Maybe there is potentiometer resistance in play( I hear 1K pots in use and I have 5K pot as some recomendations are. If I get used to this 5K pot, I m not switcing it :)

On my P2V1 there was some play in the reaction, but once it started to move it was nice an smooth.
I expect that after calibration this system will be similar.
I will doing the mod tonight so I will let y'all know.

You will like it. And I am interested, where You put pot knob...
Mine is on the left side (tomorrow adding pic) put this is so -so.

And this work is fun.

Dillinger said:
You will like it. And I am interested, where You put pot knob...
Mine is on the left side (tomorrow adding pic) put this is so -so.

And this work is fun.

I just using this set up.
ch7_lvr2_400-01.jpg

Got it working?
If Yes, can You fly over planes boneyard :)
You have definitely wery best location for flying around. And is 3.0 restricting You to fly over Davis Monthan base too? Or they just left out? (our airfield is excluded from this soft)

Dillinger said:
Got it working?
If Yes, can You fly over planes boneyard :)
You have definitely wery best location for flying around. And is 3.0 restricting You to fly over Davis Monthan base too? Or they just left out? (our airfield is excluded from this soft)

I tried the 7th channel hack with the + and v1.08
When I went to 1.08 the 7th channel stopped working when the app was not on. Then the hack worked until I turned on the iPhone.

Once the iPhone app turned on the hack stopped working all together even with v1.08 :(

Not sure what to do now except start a letter writing campaign to DJI.

You have vision plus?
In this case there might be alltogether different firmware combinations what makes difference.

For me at the moment no difference app working at background or not, as RC is on and p2V too, then pot works.
No repeater or anything needed.

But vision plus has 7channel link by default, checked it yesterday, so You have initial Vision model?

Dillinger said:
You have vision plus?
In this case there might be alltogether different firmware combinations what makes difference.

For me at the moment no difference app working at background or not, as RC is on and p2V too, then pot works.
No repeater or anything needed.

But vision plus has 7channel link by default, checked it yesterday, so You have initial Vision model?

I actually have both.

The 7th channel works fine on my P2V with v1.08 after doing the hack.
The 7th channel does work on the P2V+ with with V3.0 but stops working as soon the app turns on.
Were looking for a way to get the 7th channel working on on the P2V+ while the app is running but having no luck.

DJI just needs to make an option, just check a box to turn it on.

I looked at PV plus at local distributor - maybe I remember it wrong, but RC has 7th channel lever already in place, like Phantom2 with h3-2d has.

Vision plus has no way to get 1.08 onboard?
Maybe someone has teardown of vision and vision plus, are there any differences in component setup?

But anyway this section is for vision mostly, plus section is still growing as dudes having hands on. We will see.

Dillinger said:
I looked at PV plus at local distributor - maybe I remember it wrong, but RC has 7th channel lever already in place, like Phantom2 with h3-2d has.

Vision plus has no way to get 1.08 onboard?
Maybe someone has teardown of vision and vision plus, are there any differences in component setup?

But anyway this section is for vision mostly, plus section is still growing as dudes having hands on. We will see.

I put 1.08 on my Vision Plus, that was no problem.
Then I did the 7th cannel activation and that worked.
As soon as I started the app however the lever stopped working and gimbal movement went back to app only.

I reverted back to 3.0
On a good note however you can now lock the tilt screen function on so you don't have to keep your finger on the button. This is not as good as the lever on the back of the remote but it's better than it was.

I thought I had the "7th channel" thing fixed, so that I can use the lever I installed on the back of my transmitter. I downloaded the x1 mini-assistant software, and switched it from vision to H3, then ran the regular assistant. The lever worked flawlessly. I cycled power, lever still worked. Then tonight, I took it out to fly, powered it up, and the lever stopped working, and tilt control reverted back to my phone app. As I understand the above posts, channel 7 and the level cut out when the phone app turns on...?

I am running 3.0, as I had to, when I got my P2V a day before 3.0 came out, and I wanted to change to IOC from vision. I await the much smarter computer people out there coming up with a hack. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr