Activate 7 channel resets after power restart

Reaction score
Hi guys

Trying to enable the 7. Ch for tilt level on my p2v, but every time i unplug the usb connection and powecycle the p2v it returns to the stock setting. Seems like the setting isnt saved :-(.

Any clues ?

Jesper_carstens said:
Hi guys

Trying to enable the 7. Ch for tilt level on my p2v, but every time i unplug the usb connection and powecycle the p2v it returns to the stock setting. Seems like the setting isnt saved :-(.

Any clues ?

i have never seen or heard of this happening before. does it work while you have it hooked up in phantom assistant? works during 7ch calibration?

Yes works perfect while connected to the assistant, calibrate and everything, still works when usb is disconnected and the p2v is still on battery power, but when i turn it off and back on 7. Ch is gone again and i can start over.

tizzl10 said:
Jesper_carstens said:
Hi guys

Any clues ?

i have never seen or heard of this happening before. does it work while you have it hooked up in phantom assistant? works during 7ch calibration?

Yes works perfect while connected to the assistant, calibrate and everything, still works when usb is disconnected and the p2v is still on battery power, but when i turn it off and back on 7. Ch is gone again and i can start over.

Seahorse said:

I would think so, followed a couple of howto's from this forum and youtube.

1. Connect p2v to the assistant and change from vision to naza
2. Close assistant and open the dji phantom tool.
3. Choose the hd3d setting pres enter
4. Open Assistant software and the x1 calibrate is visible and works.
5. Unplug usb
6. 7. Ch tilt still working
7. Powercycle p2v
8. Tilt no longer works and the settings have returned to vision

Jesper_carstens said:
Hi guys

Any clues ?

I assume you have upgraded to the 3.0 firmware and assistant software already. This issue started when I upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0. Some people have confirmed that if you revert back to 2.0 or even 1.08 it works fine.

BManCan said:
Jesper_carstens said:
Hi guys

Any clues ?

I assume you have upgraded to the 3.0 firmware and assistant software already. This issue started when I upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0. Some people have confirmed that if you revert back to 2.0 or even 1.08 it works fine.

Yes i'm using the 3.0 firmware :?

GetaGrip said:
The 7th channel hack does not work with version 3.0, you must revert back to version 1.8 or 2.0.

Okay, so once again DJI leaves their customers waiting for upgrades, just bought the tilt mod, original DJI and everything spent hours trying to get this working...... :evil:

I just noticed on the P2V+ page a thread where someone mentioned that the 7th channel is already enabled with the +, no need to hack if you have that one. Makes me think that the V3 upgrade was really designed for the +. Same with the latest app, where + owners don't seem to be having the issues with wifi freeze/loss like over here. I'm sticking to old versions of each for now...just concerns me that if they ever do offer waypoints for the P2V/P2V+ (like they said they would in December), P2V owners will have to compromise other functions in order to use it.

DJI could fix this issue easily for Vision owners. However, If I understand their policy from people who have spoken to tech support and posted in several Topics, they only offer this disclaimer: "The Vision is designed to use the IPhone/Android app to control the pitch function for the FC200 Camera".

That's not an exact quote, but it does indicate they may never support this feature for the Vision unfortunately.

If that is going to be an ongoing issue for the Vision, is to "re-hack" the 7th channel with every revision, maybe a potentiometer soldered in, is a good solution.

Hello,
Since DJI chose to use P2V buyers as beta testers for the P2V+ and are not offering any upgraded gimbal options for P2V owners it seems only fair that P2V owners should be able to use third party gimbals like RotorPixel and have full use of the 7th channel lever. Who can I speak with about adding this feature in the future for P2V owners with third party gimbals?
Thanks,

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will forward your kindly request to our R&D department.
Thanks&Best regards,
DJI Tech-support

Same issue here, as soon as I updated to ver 3 the hack was no longer persistent, disabled again as soon as I unplugged from the computer.... so I downgraded back to ver 2 and all is well.... heck, I didn't like the idea of flight restrictions anyway. I use a Nexus 7 with a hood so it is kind of awkward getting to the app control.

jimdenburg said:
I just noticed on the P2V+ page a thread where someone mentioned that the 7th channel is already enabled with the +, no need to hack if you have that one. Makes me think that the V3 upgrade was really designed for the +. Same with the latest app, where + owners don't seem to be having the issues with wifi freeze/loss like over here. I'm sticking to old versions of each for now...just concerns me that if they ever do offer waypoints for the P2V/P2V+ (like they said they would in December), P2V owners will have to compromise other functions in order to use it.

This is half true.
The function works until the fpv app is turned on then it stops working. The 7th channel mod that I used on p2v1 with v1.08 does not work with v3.0 on the + either.

A lot of + users are going to use software v2 until there is a mod for v3.

ResevorDG said:

What does 2.0 bring to the party that's an improvement over 1.08, not planning to change anytime soon here... ;)

Seahorse said:
ResevorDG said:

What does 2.0 bring to the party that's an improvement over 1.08, not planning to change anytime soon here... ;)

Don't know. I just put 1.08 on my + and so far so good.
I will do the channel 7 hack as soon as I can find a windows PC. :shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20