acting weird after update..it just flies away!?

Reaction score
So hello everyone i'm a new user and today my phantom 1 arrived. It flew wonderfully right out of the box (control was excellent) but stupid me followed the instructions in the manual which said to update the firmware. Well, after doing so I've tried several times to fly it around the house (same way I was able to before) but now as soon as I lift off the ground just a few feet the **** thing goes FULL POWER and shoots straight to the ceiling and I'm not able to gain any control after it does this. Eventually it comes crashing to the ground very dramatically as you can imagine.

Can anyone tell me why it's acting so erratic all of a sudden? I just want it to be smooth - hover and fly where i want it to without it shooting straight up into the air like that.

Out of curiosity, I've attempted to use the NAZAM software to reset it back to "Default" - whatever that was but that did not help.

:cry: :cry:

ACMONKEY said:
So hello everyone i'm a new user and today my phantom 1 arrived. It flew wonderfully right out of the box (control was excellent) but stupid me followed the instructions in the manual which said to update the firmware. Well, after doing so I've tried several times to fly it around the house (same way I was able to before) but now as soon as I lift off the ground just a few feet the **** thing goes FULL POWER and shoots straight to the ceiling and I'm not able to gain any control after it does this. Eventually it comes crashing to the ground very dramatically as you can imagine.

Can anyone tell me why it's acting so erratic all of a sudden? I just want it to be smooth - hover and fly where i want it to without it shooting straight up into the air like that.

Out of curiosity, I've attempted to use the NAZAM software to reset it back to "Default" - whatever that was but that did not help.

After you update the firmware did you calibrate both the RC and Phantom with the assistant software? If not do so and be sure to do an ADVANCE IMU calibration on a level surface.

loganboyd said:
WHAAAAT are you doing flying a Phantom IN your house???

I'm excited to use it until I can out in the open, duh! lol Plus, it's probably a good thing that's where I started because the way this thing was flying after the update it probably would have smashed into someones house and i'm not trying to be that guy. :?

jason said:
ACMONKEY said:

After you update the firmware did you calibrate both the RC and Phantom with the assistant software? If not do so and be sure to do an ADVANCE IMU calibration on a level surface.

Well, I believe I did do that but wasn't exactly sure what I was doing while in there. I think I may try it over again because initially the RC was not working at all and I found a youtube video showing that I had to select "D-Bus" instead of "PPM" which did allow the RC to connect again but part of me is wondering if this is what caused the problem. It's weird because before I updated the firmware the RC worked perfectly and responded well to my commands but after it starts off well but as soon as I give it a little gas it immediately shoots to full throttle and pushing the stick down does not do anything.

So I did the advanced calibration and it still tries to take off at full speed vertically. It does this regardless about 5 seconds after I give it a little bit of lift. :( I don't know what else to do.

IMHO, there are so many other variables to control when flying in a house that you'd have to watch out for: wifi signals, loss of GPS, etc. hell, maybe the microwave is controlling your bird.

Honestly, even with full satellites, I would never feel comfortable takin off in my house. Even in the yard I feel constricted and worried about my neighbors' wifi signals.

Yeah, i've tried everything suggested. I just need a way to revert back to how it was factory for both the phantom and the RC.

Sounds like it may be trying to RTH.

Marlin009 said:
Sounds like it may be trying to RTH.

If S1 is down (and the settings have been set so that S1 in the down position triggers RTH), it will do that right at start-up. I found out because S1 was bad on a new controller I bought causing my P2V to go into RTH mode right away.

To the OP -- make sure the switch on the right is all the way up ... and ... take the props off the 'copter while testing it inside. :)

-- Roger

Did you find an answer, my P2 started doing this after 3.12 firmware update... no matter what I do or firmware I load, it shoots up almost 100 ' and I can barely recover it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20