Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Acquiring Gps Satellites

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by krsdj1, Feb 5, 2014.

1. krsdj1

Hello everyone i have a question and need some help.Ok so i have been flying DJI phantom vision for a few months now with no problems,I recently connected my phantom to my mac and there were updates the assistant had performed.I believe before the updates my Phantom used to acquire more than 6 satellites and i got a green steady flashing light,I dont get it anymore now i get a green flash then a red and so on.My iphone says 6 satellites acquired.I believe i used to get 8 at one time.I havent changed my location still the same location.I connected to computer imu is fine and there is no compass calibration alert from the computer or iphone.Should i just try a calibration of the compass.I am afraid to fly because without a green flashing light i believe there is no home lock,I sent DJI several email but they never get back to me.Does anyone know of a gps reset or something,Thanks for listening chris

2. GMANNZ

3. krsdj1

Ok thank you for the color status guide.i just don't understand why I used to always get a green flashing lights and now I'm not able to acquire more than 6 satellites,so basically 6 satellites will be fine and the phantom will mark it's return to home lock ?

4. GMANNZ

I usually gain more GPS locks as I gain height, in open I usually have about 11-12 , ...... I get 6 on front deck of house, 11 when just above the roof ??

What mode do you have set ?? ..... VISION or NAZA ??

5. krsdj1

I do recall getting more satellite as I get higher altitude as well.i switched to Naza mode just recently because I can control the camera better and I believe I had to change to Naza mode to use the ioc mode.

6. jadebox

In Naza mode, the LED sequences are different. See the links posted above.

Also, it seems to me that the Vision takes a little longer to before it reports that it has acquired the satellites in Naza mode versus the default mode.

-- Roger

7. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

In my experience it takes quite a bit longer. I've gotten in the habit of turning on the TX and range extender, then the P2V while I'm still setting stuff up... Attaching the tablet to the TX, spinning on the blades, that sort of thing... When I'm done, satellite lock is either complete, or nearly so.

-slinger

8. krsdj1

Roger i dont see the status for red green red green and so on.thank you all for your help and reply to this post,all the best safe flying
    chris

9. pault

I am not questioning that this is the case (taking longer in NAZA-M) but really cannot understand why, after all this is solid state electronics and it must take the firmware micro seconds to trigger the lights when it has got a lock. It is, after all, the same GPS chipset.

10. GMANNZ

Green is GPS mode, single Red is 6 sat locks in NAZA ...... green red, green red, green red .... (GPS mode 6 sats, GPS mode 6 sats, GPS mode 6 sats) .... green... green... green...(GPS mode more than 6 sats) ..... quick fast flashing green (home and GPS lock set) .... green... green... green... green ... (steady GPS mode) .... all good, time to rock and roll :)

11. krsdj1

gmannz thanks for the overview of the lights I appricate it

Happy flying