acer 700

Reaction score
Acer 700 has a 5inch x7inch screen but only works with wifi. My question is using only wifi and being somewhere that there is no wifi does this mean that I could not use the phantom 3 standard in GPS mode. I heard something about downloading a map of the area that you or going to be in but not sure what that does for me or how it works.
Thanks.

The limitation is that the device needs access to the Internet in order to download and cache the satellite map you see while flying. It has nothing to do with GPS. If you want to see the actual maps while flying (it's not required) you'd need to connect to the Internet prior to flying, load the app, click on the map screen and then scroll around the area you will be flying. The device will cache the map. You can then walk/drive out to the area you cached and the maps will load.

GPS is separate to a data connection. GPS will always work as its built into the phantom.

The only downside of having no data connection in the field is that map images wont update. However, If you browse the area you are going on the map before going out the area will be cached(stored).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20